iPad Air and MOTU iPhone app

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Shampen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

iPad Air and MOTU iPhone app

Post by Shampen »

Hello,
I have an iPad running IOS 8.0.2, I downloaded the MOTU iPhone app in order to control DP 7.4. I went to the setup menu and clicked on the Control Surface Setup as per the instructions on MOTU's web page http://www.motu.com/newsitems/new-iphon ... -performer. I do have an active wi-fi setup between my iPad and my computer, but I don't get the "Open Sounds Control" from the popup menu, there is only EuCon available under the Driver, in the tutorial, the tech was using DP 7.2, so I imagine this is and old tutorial, any suggestions on making this work?
FutureLegends
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: iPad Air and MOTU iPhone app

Post by FutureLegends »

Could be an issue with iOS 8.
I can't currently watch any form of streamed video on mine (YouTube, vimeo etc) since updating to iOS 8.02. Also iOS8 killed the possibility of using built in audio and iMic via adapter at the same time in my DJ app. Which now makes my iPad Air useless for DJing which was one of the main reasons I got it in the first place.
Hackintosh 6-Core 3.7ghz/32gb ram, macOS Mojave
Hardware: Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo Twin mkII, MOTU 828mk3 & Original 828 | UA LA-610 | Vanguard V13 Tube Mic | MindPrint En-Voice | Genelec M040AM | Gretsch Guitars & Drums
Software: DP8 | FCPX | Logic Pro X | Play
| EWQL Gypsy, Choirs, Orchestra Gold, VoP | EZDrummer w/ Twizted Kit | Action Strings