Is the license cross-platform?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ansthenia
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Is the license cross-platform?

Post by ansthenia »

Hello

Can I activate DP8 on a my MAC and then later use the same activation code to move it over to my PC?

Thanks for your time
mikehalloran

Re: Is the license cross-platform?

Post by mikehalloran »

Yes.

When you activate online, make certain that, in addition to your activation code, you enter your email address and spell your name exactly the way you did when you registered. Wrong email addresses and missing or added middle initials cause some people a lot of frustraton when their purchased software doesn't authorize.

Also, it makes a difference whether you use a dash or a minus sign in the activation code. Dash. I copy and paste.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Is the license cross-platform?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not sure about the specifics but you can use it on both machines, I believe at the same time. Certainly you can get both the Mac and PC versions included with your purchase. You don't have to buy both, just download them both. The authorization schemes might be slightly different but that's not a big deal.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS