Rewire for Ableton not showing up in stereo bundle *SOLVED*

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Studio Llama
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Rewire for Ableton not showing up in stereo bundle *SOLVED*

Post by Studio Llama »

Hi all

Apologies for making a new topic for this, I did search but couldn't find an answer. I am trying to set up Rewire to slave Ableton to DP. I have looked around and followed the instructions, downloaded rewire and installed, at least it said installed.

I'm running DP 8.07 and Ableton 9 on Mavericks on a MacBook Pro 2012.

I open DP first, then Ableton, make a aux track, but Ableton doesn't show up as a potential input. Is there any reason why this might happen?

Thanks in advance for any help
Last edited by Studio Llama on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Canavan

Re: Rewire for Ableton not showing up in stereo bundle

Post by Michael Canavan »

Have you restarted your computer since you did this?
Proppellerheads forget this part of the rewire installation. I just had the same issue on this laptop, and installed rewire, quit and reopened DP, nothing. Restarted the computer and DP shows Ableton Live Rewire inputs.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Studio Llama

Re: Rewire for Ableton not showing up in stereo bundle

Post by Studio Llama »

Hi Michael

Yes, I tried that, just exploring the possibility right now that it's because Live is 64 bit and I'm running DP in 32 :D annoying, but if that's the case I may have a solution...

Thanks...
Studio Llama

Re: Rewire for Ableton not showing up in stereo bundle *SOLV

Post by Studio Llama »

Right, the issue was running one app in 32 bit and the other in 64. Problem solved, running great now, thanks!

:)