Background Processing Fix ?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Maxx
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Background Processing Fix ?

Post by Maxx »

Any idea how to resolve background processing window from opening / running tasks each time A particular DP session is opened? (other sessions are fine)

The background processing runs each time a particular session is opened - even after DP session was saved following completed tasks.

The background processing window lists lots of files : 'BUILDING OVERVIEW for... which takes some time to complete.

The Waveforms are intact.

Any fixes / Suggestions?
M
a
x

OSX 10.7.5 / 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / Motu 8 pre / DP 7.24
Dan Worley

Re: Background Processing Fix ?

Post by Dan Worley »

With the project closed, trash the Analysis Files folder for that project. When you open the project again, the Analysis folder and files will be recreated. That will usually fix it, but not always. Sometimes you have to Load the chunks into another project.

BTW, if you haven't already, take a look at the Background Processing preferences and see if there are any changes you'd like to make for the way you work (DP > Preferences > General > Background Processing). I know for me, I don't need to have the Background Processing window open and close automatically, so I turned that off. I haven't seen the background processing window in years. I made other changes, too, specific to how I work.
DP10.13
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

This is supposedly fixed in 8.07.

I haven't dug in 100% but I'm not convinced it is.
Maxx

Post by Maxx »

Dan Worley wrote:With the project closed, trash the Analysis Files folder for that project. When you open the project again, the Analysis folder and files will be recreated. That will usually fix it, but not always. Sometimes you have to Load the chunks into another project.

BTW, if you haven't already, take a look at the Background Processing preferences and see if there are any changes you'd like to make for the way you work (DP > Preferences > General > Background Processing). I know for me, I don't need to have the Background Processing window open and close automatically, so I turned that off. I haven't seen the background processing window in years. I made other changes, too, specific to how I work.
Thanks for the suggestion. The first suggestion didn't work but motu tech suggested another one - to load chunks in empty DP session which I haven't tried yet.

In terms of turning off background processing, doesn't DP do the work I set it to do - regardless of whether I see the window or not? By having the background processing window open, I can tell what is happening when things are lagging a bit...

I set up certain analysis tasks useful for what I'm doing like find beats / tempo etc so whether the window pops up to show me or not, it's still going to run.
M
a
x

Maxx

Post by Maxx »

fgagne wrote:This is supposedly fixed in 8.07.

I haven't dug in 100% but I'm not convinced it is.
Thanks... Good to know. I'll upgrade once I've completed this project. (I won't upgrade in the midst of a project) I actually did when 8 first came out and was having issues so I'm back in 7.24 :D
M
a
x