Cue Mix trim pots active even when faders and banks muted

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rukidding
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Cue Mix trim pots active even when faders and banks muted

Post by rukidding »

Well the post says it all but I had no idea since I rarely use Cue Mix. I would think that if a fader or bank were muted that the trim pots wouldn't be active but apparently not so.
I thought I had double bussed something since my levels in meter bridge were ok yet my mix was hotter. Hope this helps someone out there! Is this in the manual? Oops G http://www.motunation.com/forum/posting ... 1&p=491571#
2019 Mac Pro -10.15.7 - DP 11.21 -VEP7
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Cue Mix trim pots active even when faders and banks mute

Post by Shooshie »

Trim pots are on the input section of the board. Those are always active, because that's the audio input you're dealing with, and you have to be able to adjust your inputs.

Outputs, faders, and other controls in CueMix are in the two later phases: mixing or output. Those can be muted. But if you mute the trim pots, you've muted the track so that there can be no audio input at all.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|