Click Defaults not working in DP 7.24

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
doctormelodious
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Click Defaults not working in DP 7.24

Post by doctormelodious »

Greetings,

I set a default click pattern of eighth notes for a specific tempo range:

With auditioning turned on, the beat pattern plays correctly. But when I dismiss the Preferences window and hit PLAY in my sequence, DP still plays quarter-note clicks.

Here's the Control Panel:

(BTW: I tried adding a tempo event to the Conductor track, and switching the Tempo dropdown from "Tempo Slider" to "Conductor Track." No diff.)

Like the person in this thread from 2008, I was only able to get an eighth note click by manually inserting a Click Change event into the Conductor track. In other words, Defaults failed to work.

Now, I never use the Countoff Bars feature, but I tried an experiment. I deleted the Click Change event, and clicked the Countoff button to enable it. In the Countoff prefs window, "Click" is set to "Default for Meter." Now when I hit PLAY, I get a single bar countoff of eighth notes... and then the sequence starts playing, and DP still gives me quarter note clicks!

So Click Defaults only work in the Countoff? Huh?? :shock: Either I'm missing something obvious, or this is a bug. Anyone else have better luck with Click Defaults? Or if it is a bug, did they fix it in DP8??

Thanks!
DM
Mac Pro 8 x 2.8GHz, 16GB, OS X 10.6.8
DP 7.24, MachFive 3.2, EZ Drummer, RealGuitar/Strat/LPC
Ivory II Italian Grand, Korg Legacy M1/PolySix
Garritan PO4/JABB3, NI FM8, Vintage Horns
UAD-2 Solo, RME FireFace 800
Mackie HR824s, various mics/keys/outboard

"What a beautiful world this will be. What a glorious time to DP!"
Shooshie

Re: Click Defaults not working in DP 7.24

Post by Shooshie »

This all used to work just fine, and I'm not aware of it having stopped working, but I haven't used a clicktrack for quite a few months. It's possible it got broken in the Cocoa rewrite, or even in some recent version. I'll look into it when I have the chance and can remember to do it.

Too busy at the moment, but if you bump this post up in a day or so, I'll surely see it again.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
antonborisov

Post by antonborisov »

Hey, I faced the same issue today in DP8. Looks like Click Defaults Pattern is only working when you have meter change information in Conductor track. So insert 4/4 change at 1|1|000 and give it a try. You can also define click patterns right on the conductor track (see screenshot), which is nice.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

It's possible it got broken in the Cocoa rewrite
The Cocoa rewrite is DP 8.

DP 7.24 is Carbon. You might be right about the reason.

Normally, when something just stops working in DP 7.24, I get out my CD, run the Uninstaller and reinstall. Takes a few minutes and does not trash the Preferences. If that doesn't work (it has always worked for me), I would then trash the Preferences.

The Uninstaller is in the drop-down menu when you run the Installer. If you do not have a 7.24 CD, run it from the 7.24 Updater first, then your CD. Reinstall from the CD, then the 7.24 Installer.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro