Switching off autosave in DP 8.07?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
doodles
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Switching off autosave in DP 8.07?

Post by doodles »

Or at least making the duration between the beachball every minute longer?!

I'm in preferences and can't see anything?

Thanks!
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
Shooshie

Re: Switching off autosave in DP 8.07?

Post by Shooshie »

doodles wrote:Or at least making the duration between the beachball every minute longer?!

I'm in preferences and can't see anything?

Thanks!
Preferences / General / Document
It's about half-way down the page.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
doodles

Post by doodles »

amazing, thanks so much shooshie!

Manual currently on a ship somewhere between UK and LA :lol:
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I see ou use VE. If you have all your Vis on it you can also decouple the instances. That way Vis such as Kontakt etc won't push all the data every time. Of course if there is change in there in between it is worth saving it :)
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

doodles wrote:amazing, thanks so much shooshie!

Manual? On a ship, eh? :arrrr: Yeah, I get it. Arrr... don't worry; your secret's safe with me.

:lol: Just joking, of course.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Doesn't everyone who has installed DP8 have the much clamored for PDF manual on their Macs?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:Doesn't everyone who has installed DP8 have the much clamored for PDF manual on their Macs?
Yes, it's in the Help menu. If it's lost, I bet it can be found in the download DMG file and extracted. If that's lost, you can download one of the updates again and extract it. If you're not registered you can download the demo.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

My manual is in a box somewhere in my storage room (shifted states and apartments three times just recently). The pdf is OK, but AFAIK, the pdf has nowhere near the same content as the manual.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

BKK-OZ wrote:The pdf is OK, but AFAIK, the pdf has nowhere near the same content as the manual.
Are you talking about the PDF or the context sensitive help screens? I thought the PDF and the printer manual were identical, aside from slight differences due to print time and updates.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

bayswater wrote:
BKK-OZ wrote:The pdf is OK, but AFAIK, the pdf has nowhere near the same content as the manual.
Are you talking about the PDF or the context sensitive help screens? I thought the PDF and the printer manual were identical, aside from slight differences due to print time and updates.
They're identical here.

Shoosh
doodles

Post by doodles »

Shooshie wrote:
doodles wrote:amazing, thanks so much shooshie!

Manual? On a ship, eh? :arrrr: Yeah, I get it. Arrr... don't worry; your secret's safe with me.

:lol: Just joking, of course.
HAHAHA. Actually, seriously! ON a ship with the rest of my household possessions to LA. moving!
doodles

Post by doodles »

James Steele wrote:Doesn't everyone who has installed DP8 have the much clamored for PDF manual on their Macs?
Is this for real? I never knew there was a pdf of it. Unless you're winding me up???

Actually, all jokes aside, DP is one of those few things that I actually enjoy spending the money on updates. Same with Spectrasonics. When a company produces great products that I use every single day to produce my music/earn a living, I want to reward them and make sure they stay in business. It's weird when you feel that way about a company! The whole "couldn't live without them" vibe.

Only time MOTU lost me was with their disastrous Mach 5 - waited for so long for Mach 5 v 2, I ended up going to Kontakt. Never changed back.
doodles

Post by doodles »

supersonic wrote:I see ou use VE. If you have all your Vis on it you can also decouple the instances. That way Vis such as Kontakt etc won't push all the data every time. Of course if there is change in there in between it is worth saving it :)
Yep, thanks supersonic. Do that already - VE Pros are on my slaves, decoupled as templates. :D
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Shooshie wrote:
bayswater wrote:
They're identical here.
Except that the PDF comes with beautiful full color.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
doodles

Post by doodles »

FMiguelez wrote:
Shooshie wrote:They're identical here.
Except that the PDF comes with beautiful full color.
awesome. where do I get this? logging into my MOTU account?