Switching off autosave in DP 8.07?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Switching off autosave in DP 8.07?

Post by FMiguelez »

doodles wrote:awesome. where do I get this? logging into my MOTU account?

It should be in DP's Help menu.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

... or you can find it via "Show Package Contents" in the DP app file. It's here:

/Applications/Digital Performer.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Digital Performer Help/pdfs

Alt-Drag it to your desktop, and then put it wherever you keep manuals. (Don't just drag it, or you'll alter the contents of the DP app and who knows where that will lead?)

The sidebar is a good place if you want to get to it often and quickly. Now you can double click it and open it in Preview in full colour.

I have it open in full screen with two pages side by side, and place it in an alternate desktop so it's always there. If I need it, I can hit cntl-arrow a few times and there it is.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
doodles

Post by doodles »

You guys completely rock. Thankyou so much!

Now sitting nicely in my sidebar!

Thankyou SO much... :dance:
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

bayswater wrote:
Alt-Drag it to your desktop, and then put it wherever you keep manuals. (Don't just drag it, or you'll alter the contents of the DP app and who knows where that will lead?)

The sidebar is a good place if you want to get to it often and quickly. Now you can double click it and open it in Preview in full colour.
+1

I ended up copying it and placing it in my Dropbox account, along with every single other manual I have (even the new vacuum cleaner manual is in there). That's a great way to always have them under your finger tips where ever you are.
These manuals make great reading when waiting in lines, or waiting for people, or impossible full-stop México Shity traffic jams 8)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman