Odd Control Panel behavior

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Odd Control Panel behavior

Post by Phil O »

I had an odd thing happen in DP today. I went to click on the play button on the Control Panel and missed (clicking just above it). The panel jumped about 2 inches to the left and partially off screen. When I tried to click and drag it back into position it jumped further to the left. A second attempt sent it completely off screen never to return. I tried selecting Studio>Control Panel which didn't work. Luckily, a restart of DP go it back, but I was afraid to do a save before the restart fearing that I would save the Control Panel's position.

So my question is this - if I had, in fact, moved it off screen permanently is there any way to get it back? Or any window that might wonder off screen for that matter?

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
cuttime

Re: Odd Control Panel behavior

Post by cuttime »

Usually a quick change of screen resolution will get windows that are unaccessible back. At least, it has always worked for me.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Tim

Post by Tim »

Window Sets
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Thanks, cuttime and Tim.

I never would have thought of changing the screen resolution. Good tip.

And I never use Window Sets, so I wouldn't have thought of that either. Another good tip.

It just goes to show ya [Roseanne Roseannadanna], you learn something every day.

Thanks guys.
Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Someone in another thread has been reporting behavior that sounds like that: moving windows and/or elements. I've now read three or four such reports, and I'm starting to believe that we've got a real bug on our hands.

I haven't seen it yet, and I'd be happy not to see it firsthand, but it would sure be interesting to see a video of this in action.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Shooshie wrote:...but it would sure be interesting to see a video of this in action.

Shooshie
...if it were reproducible. It's only happened to me this one time. In fact, it's the only time I've had any issue with 8.07.

I've played around with it and not been able to reproduce the behavior. Intermittent problems are always the toughest to troubleshoot. :evil:

Phil
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Phil O wrote:
Shooshie wrote:...but it would sure be interesting to see a video of this in action.

Shooshie
...if it were reproducible. It's only happened to me this one time. In fact, it's the only time I've had any issue with 8.07.

I've played around with it and not been able to reproduce the behavior. Intermittent problems are always the toughest to troubleshoot. :evil:

Phil
As much as I'd like to see a video of it, I'm even happier NOT to. Here's hoping that you never see it again.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|