DP 8.0.6 creates soundbites with identical names

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP 8.0.6 creates soundbites with identical names

Post by Tomas E »

In the soundbite list I have two pairs of soundbites with identical names. How is this possible? They have different creation dates and different length as well. Each pair comes from the same file. :?
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 8.0.6 creates soundbites with identical names

Post by stubbsonic »

I've always been able to have identical track names on different soundbites here (not just this DP version). Always requires a little extra care, but hasn't been a huge problem for me.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Tomas E »

I just find it confusing when I'm about to choose between them, comparing one to another and so on. Don't you?

Still I can't see why DP does this, if it's not I who have given them the same name by mistake. It's possible but I doubt it.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

There must be some unique identifier. Is that accessible?
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Can you "show in Finder" and confirm they are different files? If not, I'd select the duplicates and remove from list, then delete via the Finder. If they point to the same file, I'd just remove from list.

How and why they got there is another issue and hopefully a report to MOTU can start the process of sussing that out.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

The 'file' name always stays the same, the 'name' should change with each edit iteration.
If you have an edit piece of a very small size, a few samples, it will sometimes have the same 'name' and also never get removed with a 'select unused soundbites / delete' operation.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing