If DP added a MIDI/VI track option would you like it?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: If DP added a MIDI/VI track option would you like it?

Post by cuttime »

Killahurts wrote:I'm sorry, I should have said that I think that I know that it truly exists.
Oooh! And I just found it in the channel strip track pulldown! Who knows where else it might be hiding?!
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
frankf

Post by frankf »

MOTU added, without much flair that I remember, Contextual menus to DP8. Ctrl-click any area of DP is now my go to first choice when I'm looking for something. For example, ctrl-click in the SE on a MIDI track assigned to a VI and I find the Open Instrument command right there.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

frankf wrote:MOTU added, without much flair that I remember, Contextual menus to DP8. Ctrl-click any area of DP is now my go to first choice when I'm looking for something. For example, ctrl-click in the SE on a MIDI track assigned to a VI and I find the Open Instrument command right there.

Frank Ferrucci
I like those contextual menus, but it's forced me to revise the way I work, if you can call pushing keys down "work." I now have to click, THEN push down the Control Key in some cases. It's been slow absorbing into my brain. It's like one day picking up your saxophone and finding out that they've upgraded the octave key, so that you push it for the low octave and release it for the high octave (opposite of how it works). Suddenly all your technique goes out the window until you practice it and commit it to pattern memory.

Don't get me wrong; I like having the menus. I'm just taking the opportunity to bitch, whine, and complain. Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|