Rewire is clobbering my bundles

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Rewire is clobbering my bundles

Post by mesayre »

Hey everybody,
I've recently started having trouble with my bundles on several machines running DP 8.06 on Mac. On some files that I open, especially files transferred from another machine, all of my bundle settings are squashed by any rewire devices I have on the computer. I have seen this with both Sibelius and SourceConnect rewire, and on several different files. I don't mind just deleting rewire from ac couple of the machines, but I really must have it on one of them for remote transport control using SourceConnect.

Is there some way to just make rewire invisible to DP? I only need rewire in Pro Tools.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
mesayre

Re: Rewire is clobbering my bundles

Post by mesayre »

Sorry, just to be clear...when I say there are "squashed", I mean that all the tracks that used to have a VE Pro bundle assigned to their input are now coming only from the rewire device.
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Guitar Gaz »

You need to give more information about your software and hardware - what versions of OSX, DP, do you have and what software are you are trying Rewire into DP?

For information Reason 7 works just fine when Rewired with DP 8.06 in OSX Mavericks.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
mesayre

Post by mesayre »

Thanks for the reply. The issue is not that a Rewire application isn't working - it's that DP scrambles the bundle assignments of everything else just because a rewire-enabled application is installed. Tracks that had instrument bundles as their inputs lose their assignments, and all those bundles default to the new rewire slave, whatever it happens to be.

I've seen this issue a few times after installing a Rewire slave application on a machine that previously didn't have one. In this case the newly-installed apps were Sibelius 7.5 and SourceConnect standard 3.7. It was happening on multiple machines running both 10.8.5 and 10.9.4 - all of them running DP 8.06.

I temporarily rectified the problem by deleting the Rewire bundles from /Library/Application Support/, as that seems to be the only way to get rid of Rewire apps once they're installed - unless somebody knows where there's a secret off switch!

I ended up filing a tech link about this one, and they confirmed that this is an issue for some users. It's supposed to be addressed by the next update, which they said will be arriving any day now.