Can't Launch DP7!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
nutotech
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can't Launch DP7!

Post by nutotech »

Have spent the better part of the evening trying to figure this one out. Seems when DP launches it scans the plugs. When it gets to the MAS folder, it freezes on the last one in the folder. Have moved 'em to Trash but then the one above it causes a freeze. :!: :!: Get a message "The audio hardware did not respond. (MotuAudioSystemMas MasCoreAudioWork Thread cpp, 145 957:0j)" Asks me to click on Hardware or Studio Setup.
If I click either it's just a vicious cycle. Seems to be stuck loading MAS plugins.

Anyone seen this before? Have submitted to MOTU but need to help a DP7 buddy in the a.m. who just bought/loaded Komplete 9. (Total newbie to vi's.) I've rebuilt permissions, run Disk Warrior and re-installed DP 7.24--nothing. Suggestions?
"To infinity and Beyonce!"
Mac Pro 3.33 Ghz 6 core, 32 Mb RAM, UAD-2, Tascam FW-1884, Hafler monitors and sub, too many sample libraries. And always buying more.
nutotech

Re: Can't Launch DP7!

Post by nutotech »

Problem vanished. :woohoo:

Might have been communication between Tascam FW-1884 and DP. Only thing I didn't do while trouble shooting was turn it on/off. Doh!
"To infinity and Beyonce!"
Mac Pro 3.33 Ghz 6 core, 32 Mb RAM, UAD-2, Tascam FW-1884, Hafler monitors and sub, too many sample libraries. And always buying more.
mikehalloran

Re: Can't Launch DP7!

Post by mikehalloran »

There are times when, after a software, OS or hardware upgrade, DP may lose the path to plugins. When/if that happens, they need to be reestablished with a reinstall.

With DP 7, run the uninstaller from the CD before a reinstall. With DP 8, just reinstall - there is no uninstaller and none seems to be necessary.

Since I sometimes have to test software, this has happened to me a few times, most recently with the OS 10.9.1 update.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro