an invaluable piece of dp is missing

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dave pine
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: an invaluable piece of dp is missing

Post by dave pine »

it didn't before tom?
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Well now I'm confused. Some people saying it's working with iOS 7, other saying it's not. :?:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Just did a quick check with DP Control on my iPhone with IOS 7.1.

Seems to be just fine.

DP 8.06.

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

James Steele wrote:Well now I'm confused. Some people saying it's working with iOS 7, other saying it's not. :?:
To be fair to MOTU, I haven't tried to use it in months, I gave up ages ago, esp. after I bought V-control.

Maybe it is happy now with IOS 7+, but it is still pretty limited, IMHO.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

can you please try it with the latest ios 7 on an ipad 3 .... somebody :)
mac pro 2.26 octacore 24gigs of ram/ El Capitan10.11, dp 10, mackie dxb, 3-2408mk3, waves mercury 10, ozone 3&4&5678, sound toys, izotope rx, melodyne editor, uad 2, bluetubes, 22" polkadotted dildo, omnishpere 2, trigger 2 deluxe, addictive drums, komplete 9, e/w ql symphonic orq platinum, ql choirs, ql stormdrum 2, ql gypsy, ql ra, ql goliath, ql pianos, superior drummer 3, ez drummer 2, garritan bigband, amg kickass brass, ztar, wife, dogs, droped my protools rig at the city dump
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

I'm always surprised and concerned when an "established" company like MOTU puts an app out there (free or not) and doesn't update or replace it in time. It's not like they don't know that's part of the deal.

Too many kitchens and not enough cooks, maybe?
DP10.13
billf

Post by billf »

dave pine wrote:can you please try it with the latest iOS 7 on an ipad 3 .... somebody :)
I'm on the latest iOS 7 version, and an iPad Air. DP Control does NOT work at all for me.

However Logic Control works fine, except I hate using Logic unless I absolutely have to for some reason.

So please MOTU, please, fix DP Control o/
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BTW Looks like a "criticism" to me. How this ended upon the Tips forum I don't know. Try to keep things in the right forums. Moved.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

just trying to start some movement, and trying to get some tips along the way
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dave pine wrote:just trying to start some movement, and trying to get some tips along the way
That's all well and good, but the forum it was posted in was incorrect. There was nothing having to do with "Usage, Techniques, Tips & Optimization."

I refer you to the forum description:
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Please post in the appropriate forum. Thanks.

Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

MOTU is behind in this regard (and ahead in so many other aspects!).

Minimum, the iPad/phone control needs to be rock solid.. other DAWs do this well. It shouldn't be V-Control, or any third party controller that works best with DP, it should be MOTU's iPad software.

I have the newest OS and the newest DP version, and this app crashes whenever I use it. So I don't.

I'll never understand that about MOTU. They're like Apple in that respect - "We could make it, but that would rob other companies the chance."
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Mine came back on when I (re)enabled DP Input in Setup/ Interapplication MIDI.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
dave pine

Post by dave pine »

just installed ios7 on my ipad 3, everything works in the transport section except insert marker, crashes
tracks window is working, can arm record tracks
the mixer window crashes big time
all in all, for me it's still usable, but i'll miss inserting markers most