Bundles issues

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jlaudon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bundles issues

Post by jlaudon »

Hi all. Just wondering if others are still experiencing erratic bundles issues in DP8 (latest version)? I often open up projects that I was just working on, and the bundles instrument inputs are all messed up. Or, when I save a clipping of an instrument track and MIDI tracks (and mapped aux channels), the bundles almost always are messed up.

Thanks!
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
FMiguelez

Re: Bundles issues

Post by FMiguelez »

My bundles don't get messed up, but I have other issues...

When I use a send to some aux track, it doesn't always work. I need to make a different chunk active, and then return to the one I'm using. THEN it works. Needless to say, it is so annoying, and it has driven me crazy trying to figure out the signal flow and why aux tracks don't receive any signal.

It's almost as if DP forgets the bundle assignments and only recognizes them after a restart or chunk switch back and forth :smash:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

They seem to have been fixed. I don't get the strange changes I got with V7, where all the bundle definitions would shift. With V8 if the bundles are messed up its because the interface assignment wasn't properly in place in the audio preferences before DP started up.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

I had issues in the past but not with DP8. I'd say create a template save your bundles (export them) and re-import them if they get messed up.
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

The "bundles mess" as it was called, was fixed in either 7.23 or 7.24.. I haven't had any issues since it was resolved, thank goodness! That was one bad problem for me.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Thx for the replies - I think I must be doing something wrong. Almost every time I save a clipping (instrument with multi outs/ins) and drag it into another project, the inputs are messed up...
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23