MIDI output stops during playback

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
buresmiller
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI output stops during playback

Post by buresmiller »

I'm having a strange intermittent problem where DP just stops outputting MIDI while its playing. I pause playback and press play and then its fine... This only happens once an hour or so, while I'm editing... There is very little going on in the session so its surprising. I am using MIDI CC data to control motors in sync with audio.

The output is via a Motu Fastlane Usb MIDI box. I will try to find a different box to test as this seems like a good starting point.

As the piece I'm working on has to be performed live, this will cause me a lot of pain if I cannot solve this issue.

Thanks for any ideas,

DP 8.06, OSX 10.9.1 Mac=2.8 Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon, Ram=12 Gig, SSD Startup Drive with session on separate internal drive.
buresmiller
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MIDI output stops during playback

Post by buresmiller »

Update:
I've found that if I close the movie window this no longer happens. (2 weeks of solid MIDI output with no strange hiccups)
Great for me as I do not need to sync to video... but may still be a small problem for others.

DP 8.06, OSX 10.9.1 Mac=2.8 Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon, Ram=12 Gig, SSD Startup Drive with session on separate internal drive.