pause in recording with MIDI

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

pause in recording with MIDI

Post by Jim »

So I have these MIDI tracks that I want to add some audio to. I hit record. Sequence plays for about five seconds. Then, it pauses for five seconds. Then, it proceeds to play fine to the end.

My audio recordings are in one piece - no pause - and in perfect sync with the MIDI.

I've checked my settings (Wait, etc.), but can't figure out why this is happening. Seems to only affect Chunks that I imported a MIDI file into.

Any ideas why this is happening, and what I can do to stop it?
recording: Mac Mini 2018 - 32GB RAM - 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - two Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
mixing: MacPro7,1 - 256GB RAM - 2.7 GHz 24-Core Intel Xeon W - Focusrite Scarlett Solo - OS 12.7.4 - DP 11.23
Both computers: Kontakt Komplete 13 VIs and effects. Effects: FabFilter, Sonnox Oxford, SSL, PSP, UA, iZotope. VIs: Cherry Audio, AIR Tech, GForce, AAS, East-West, Garritan, Best Service, Kilohearts, Brainworx, UA
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: pause in recording with MIDI

Post by Shooshie »

Disks spinning up, perhaps.

Before working in DP, I open the System Preferences to "Energy Saver" and uncheck the box for "put hard drives to sleep when possible."

Or does it happen every single time you play? If it's every time, I don't know what's going on there. You might want to call MOTU if that's the case.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|