Intermittent Static Noise with 2408mk3

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Intermittent Static Noise with 2408mk3

Post by wonder »

I'm having an issue that started last night and wasn't fixed this morning. I have a session in a half hour and am racking my brain.

I'm using the 2408mk3 via TDIF to my Tascam DM24. The green "TDIF" light on the 2408 will blink for a few seconds, then turn off. When it turns off it sends a static or digital popping through the right channel of whatever stereo default output I'm using. The static/popping will last a few seconds then turn off. After about 3 seconds, the TDIF light will come back on and blink. Then it will stop and the digital popping/static will begin again for a few seconds.

This only happens upon audio running through the 2408. I've tried switching clocking, outputs, ADAT/TDIF/ANALOG, restarting everything, etc. This is mind boggling. And very annoying.

It started last night after I had to change clocking for a short session from 48k to 44.1k but I've done that many times so i don't know if thats the issue. It just happened to start after that.

The green blinking TDIF light will continue to blink, then go off for a few seconds and cycle through that same process as long as the unit is on. There is NO static or popping when there's no audio running through.

It's almost as if the 2408 is telling me it's either looking for clock or sync with the TDIF.

ANY SUGGESTIONS are appreciated!

:banghead:
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear