Audible Mode problem with multiple tracks

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
silomuso
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audible Mode problem with multiple tracks

Post by silomuso »

Hi. I have just upgraded to DP 8.06 and am using it with a MacbookPro and Maverick. Previously I have been using DP 5. I am now finding that when using the Audible Mode and wanting to hear individual notes by clicking on them in the MIDI window using several MIDI tracks each playing a different instants of a plug-in, it will only play the track which is record enabled. The same issue happens when I try to scrub tracks in the main tracks window. Occasionally it all works but most of the time it has this issue. On my Old DP5 it was never a problem. I first noticed it using several instances of LASS strings /Kompact but have discovered it is the case with any plug-in. The only way round it seems to be to put it in multi record mode which is really not an option. Does anyone know why this is doing this and if there is a way around it as it is really slowing work up!!! Any assistance would be appreciated.
bayswater

Re: Audible Mode problem with multiple tracks

Post by bayswater »

When you audition events, playback happens through the first output listed in the Output tab of the Bundles window. If you move the outputs you are monitoring to the top of the list in that window, I think it will work. AFAIK, it was the same in DP 5.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
silomuso

Re: Audible Mode problem with multiple tracks

Post by silomuso »

Thanks for your suggestion. It turns out it was because I had Pre-Gen mode selected in the Audio Plug-in Preference!!