question about Plogue and Bidule

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: question about Plogue and Bidule

Post by dix »

Man, it really takes the scenic route, don't it? Please let me know asap if I've inadvertently posted anything that could be a security breach for me. Thx.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
seb@plogue

Post by seb@plogue »

Thanks, dix.

I don't think there's anything that could be a security thing but feel free to delete both your ip and the traceroute if you prefer, I copied what I needed.
Gate 13

Post by Gate 13 »

Seb we have talked in plogue forums many times in the past.
You are always so kind and helpful.
However, I refuse to go through all this process in order to visit a website in year 2014...
I will go without Plogue unfortunately..
Mac Pro 2X 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, 13GB RAM/ DP 7.24/ Plogue Bidule/SWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold),Hollywood Brass(Gold), SWQL RA, SD2, Symphonic Choirs/KONTAKT 4, Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds
dix

Post by dix »

Really?! All websites, including MOTU, go down from time to time. I was super impressed that Seb spotted this so fast. The site seems to be okay now FWIW.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
Gate 13

Post by Gate 13 »

correct, so when they fix it I will be very happy to visit again.
no more no less..
Mac Pro 2X 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8, 13GB RAM/ DP 7.24/ Plogue Bidule/SWQL Symphonic Orchestra (Gold),Hollywood Brass(Gold), SWQL RA, SD2, Symphonic Choirs/KONTAKT 4, Cinesamples Hollywoodwinds
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Still working fine here. Using Safari 7.0.5 (also works on the iPhone.)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gate 13

Post by Gate 13 »

It is obvious, it doesn't have to do with browsers at this point...
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Gate 13 wrote:Seb we have talked in plogue forums many times in the past.
You are always so kind and helpful.
However, I refuse to go through all this process in order to visit a website in year 2014...
I will go without Plogue unfortunately..
I doubt the problem was at their end. I had no problems getting to their site. Neither did MLC, so obviously their site worked. Connection problems somewhere between your ISP and theirs is the more likely problem.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Gate 13

Post by Gate 13 »

great news, then!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

...never mind.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
seb@plogue

Post by seb@plogue »

dix, I asked for a setting change to the server that could have improved connections, happy to see it's working for you now. There are still some
changes that can be made to further improve connections.

Gate13, I'm sorry about that, the IP + traceroute output is what our hosting provider asked us to give them when we complained that the site was unreachable for some users, it's not to whitelist your IP to gain access.

As far as I can tell, either there's a server somewhere dropping the requests to our server (because of the botnet noise traffic) or the change of settings on the server for connections (again because of the botnet) + a specific route/server is causing time out for some users. Otherwise, you could be very unlucky and ended up having your ISP assign to you one of the couple of US-based IP addresses that were banned because of the botnet activity.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

seb@plogue wrote:For anyone having problems connecting to the site:

Could you send
a) your ip address (obviously not the one on your home network but
the one for your modem/router connected to the net)
b) the output of a traceroute to plogue.com

We were on the receiving end of some botnet noise traffic and made a few changes to the web server configuration to not have that take away all resources. I'm wondering if this is what's causing the timeout for some people, hence why we're collecting info to send to our web hosting provider.
Seb... thanks so more for coming here to help out. We're always happy to have developers here! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dix

Post by dix »

dix, I asked for a setting change to the server that could have improved connections, happy to see it's working for you now.
Oops. I think I was off my wifi when I checked. I now can not connect using my router. Only if I switch off wifi on my iThing can I connect.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

correct, so when they fix it I will be very happy to visit again. no more no less..
Well, I hate to break this to you but it happens to the big boys, too.

A couple of months ago, Yahoo! Mail got a setting wrong - which affected millions of us -- but only those using the Mac email client. I was told that a security setting had changed. It took four days to get fixed.

I switched to AT&T from Comcast over too many such issues but, even then, every few months I wind up sending a traceroute to AT&T because something wouldn't work for me. Right now, it's a server between me and the State of Arizona - the State tells me it's supposed to work...
It is obvious, it doesn't have to do with browsers at this point...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still don't understand why I cannot print shipping labels from PayPal in any browser except FireFox - but I can't so I accept it and move on. Chrome can search online .pdf files in less than a second when Safari and FF take up to 15 minutes to do the same search (there's an 800 page file from the State of Oregon that I search almost every day). The Opera browser can download files that are either unavailable or wind up corrupted by other browsers - often an issue when an update is released and everyone is trying to get it at once. Because Chrome is 32bit, certain Java versions don't work - which doesn't prevent some clever developers from requiring a v.7 (64bit only) run time to access their sites - back to Safari or Firefox...

The list goes on...
Last edited by mikehalloran on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dix

Post by dix »

Yes, sht happens, but this is entering into What the heck?-territory. It's been a few days. I actually have some issues with Bidule I'd like to research. It's a pain to surf the site on my iPhone. Seb, can my IP get get whitelisted? Thx!