question about Plogue and Bidule

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
seb@plogue
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: question about Plogue and Bidule

Post by seb@plogue »

There's no whitelisting of IPs. My best guess is that at least one route (it seems anyone going through Level3) to our website gets a timed out message. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with location as we have people in the same town using different ISPs getting different results.

Whoever I have at the end of the support ticket I'm using doesn't seem to think it's possible that this is happening but I'm still trying.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

seb@plogue wrote:Whoever I have at the end of the support ticket I'm using doesn't seem to think it's possible that this is happening but I'm still trying.
If you're dealing with Level3, I've been there. Would a couple of other traceroute results from addresses that can contact plogue.com help the argument?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
seb@plogue

Post by seb@plogue »

If you're dealing with Level3, I've been there. Would a couple of other traceroute results from addresses that can contact plogue.com help the argument?
I'm not dealing with Level3 (yet!) as our webhosting provider is listing it as one of its network connections, I'm (probably naively) hoping it might be easier to go through them first.

Unless you are in a situation where the same device at the same location times out or not depending on which network it connects to, I'm not sure it would help (or if it's connecting through Level3 but use a slightly different route).
seb@plogue

Post by seb@plogue »

Alternatively, anyone with issues could you try if using http://www.plogue.ca or http://www.plogue.info does any better?
dix

Post by dix »

Same. These immediately redirect to plogue.com which never connects.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
dix

Post by dix »

Hey! Working now. Yay!
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com