Komplete 9 Install Failure

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Komplete 9 Install Failure

Post by Killahurts »

I'm about to install Komplete 9. It's a big install, and I'm trying to time it starting early in the morning, so that when I get to the error (I would be very surprised if there were not one), I can call NI support during business hours with my fully charged iPhone, ready for crunchy distorted on-hold music.

Any other advice?
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
billf

Post by billf »

Killahurts wrote:I'm about to install Komplete 9. It's a big install, and I'm trying to time it starting early in the morning, so that when I get to the error (I would be very surprised if there were not one), I can call NI support during business hours with my fully charged iPhone, ready for crunchy distorted on-hold music.

Any other advice?
That is a good plan. I installed K9 on two different Mac Pros without an encountering any issues, so hopefully you will get through it smoothly.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Killahurts wrote:Any other advice?
Make an offering to whatever deity floats your boat.
:P :P :P

The last two times I did NI upgrades, much gnashing of teeth and wailing was involved before I got functional again. Permissions checking and database rebuilding was required, as well as some additional downloads.

If I was in that position again right now, I would have a quick skim of the NI forums to see if there is anything afoot, I would make sure NI service center is up to date, that Time Machine was in a state read to roll-back, and well... I would pray.

Good luck brother!
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Well I got all the way to the end, "disc J" I believe.. without a hitch. At the end of disc J, a message came up that said the installation had failed. I laughed out loud, because it was Friday, and too late to call support.

I found where it installed the content, it's all there, apparently. Trouble is, it's in a folder on my sample drive called HD>Users>Shared>

I tried to remove it and put it into a "Komplete 9" folder I made, but then I can't access the content from any of the libraries, like Kontact, Battery, etc.

I gotta figure out if there's a way to create a proper folder and redirect all those instruments to it, without having to reinstall.. I don't if it can even be done.. maybe I'm stuck with that path. :?
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I think you are experiencing similar problems to those I encountered - NI doesn't really seem to like it if you want to store your libraries anywhere other than the default locations.

Can you open up Kontakt in stand-alone and do a db rebuild?
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

BKK-OZ wrote:Can you open up Kontakt in stand-alone and do a db rebuild?
That's what I'm going to try tomorrow.. I'm a Kontakt idiot, so I have to look up how. But K5 is the most important thing.

My primary sample drive died in the summer, in the middle of an album project. Had to replace the drive. I still do not have a high tolerance for endless rerouting of VI's to their content..