Selecting one track selects all

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
darrell
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Selecting one track selects all

Post by darrell »

Hi all,

I was working with DP 8.06 earlier today and all was fine. I shut system down and then came back to work a few hours later. Now, when I select a track in the Tracks window, all tracks are highlighted. Same for MIDI Edit window.

Things play fine, but can't edit, etc. Tried restart, shutdown & restart.

Help?
FMiguelez

Re: Selecting one track selects all

Post by FMiguelez »

Sounds like they have been inadvertently grouped. See if that's the case in the Group window.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
ironchef_marc

Post by ironchef_marc »

Yes try a single tap of "W" to ungroup if that's how you inadvertently group them
New Rig |MAC Studio | OS12.6 | 64GB RAM | Storage | miniStack STX 18TB, (14TB HDD, 4TB SSD) | Crucial X8 4TB SSD |
Softwares | DP 11.22 | VEPRO7 | Audio Interface | M4 |
--
old rig | MAC Pro 2 X 2.26 GHz, 8-Core | 10.11.6 | 32 GB RAM | DP9.52 | 2408mk3 | MTP AV
darrell

Post by darrell »

Yeah, you guys are right, it was a grouping thing. Today, I deleted my few groups, which I was using for temporary levels, but left 'all groups' selected.....up until now, I thought that was a "folder" that held all my created groups, but obviously it's a global group thing...so unchecked that and was good to go.

Thanks!