Euphonix / Avid MC Transport DP8 scrub problem.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Phippers
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Euphonix / Avid MC Transport DP8 scrub problem.

Post by Phippers »

Hello,

I am new to DP8 and I'm trying to get editing working using a Euphonix / Avid MC Transport control surface.

The problem I'm having is that scrubbing is very "laggy" - I turn the (physical) scrub wheel and nothing happens for ~ 1 second and then scrubbing starts in DP8. When I stop moving the wheel the scrubbing continues in DP8 for 1 - 2 seconds.

The scrub speed also seems fairly erratic - it's basically useless for scrubbing to find an edit point.

However scrubbing works OK with the scrub tool and a mouse.

Is there some setup that needs a tweak - or is this just how it is?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks,

Paul.

(Mac OSX 10.9.3 EUCon 3.1.2 DP 8.06)
buhardilla

Re: Euphonix / Avid MC Transport DP8 scrub problem.

Post by buhardilla »

Bad news my friend. Since Euphonix fell into the hands of AVID things were no so good for Logic, DP... non-protools-users.
I've got a better performance with my cheap shuttleXpress jog than with more expensive MCControl jog... For the time being I only use the MCControl touchscreen for DP shortcuts :?
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
Phippers

Post by Phippers »

:( - but thanks for replying.
CT

Post by CT »

I use my Euphonix MC Control scrub wheel all the time. I have no slow response problems. Could it be that you have something weird in EuControl Settings/General? I have my wheel sensitivity at the default center position and Global selected. Otherwise check your Motu Harwdare setup / studio setup settings. I run at 1024 with two interfaces and don`t have your problem.
2 x 2.8 Quad core Intel Xeon, 10.10.5, 16GB, DP8.07, 828mkII, Ensemble, Waves, Sonnox, iZotope, MachFive3, Kontakt, MC Control, MC Mix, VE Pro5.