Syncing DP with Roland 2480 CD

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ComposerDan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Syncing DP with Roland 2480 CD

Post by ComposerDan »

Hi everyone:

It's been a long time since I've been on here and also since I was really delving into my music but I want that to change now since I am retired and have more time on my hands to devote to it. I remember way back being able to setup my system so that I could have DP linked with my Roland 2480, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I did that way back and I can't seem to find my notes on it either. I have DP running through a MIDI lite interface and I got my keyboard and modules midied up and working find but I can't seem to get the communication with the 2480. I have set the MIDI in and out for it to be port 4 and I've gone into the 2480 and set it to I think it was MTC setting but still no go.
If there is anyone out there that can give me a step by step take on how to do this I would really appreciate it very much.

Thanks so much Friends

Dan :D
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Syncing DP with Roland 2480 CD

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Hey Dan. Which Mac OS? If somewhat recent then make sure the device is setup in Apple's AUDIO/MIDI Setup app and the connections are made there.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
ComposerDan

Post by ComposerDan »

Hey thanks for responding, I'm using 10.6.8 and I did try to set it up in the audio MIDI setup and my gut says that's where the problem is. I added a new device and called it the 2480 but I noticed that it has 4 sets of arrows to drag to and from the micro lite. I'm not sure I've done that part right. Also I'm using DP 7
ComposerDan

Post by ComposerDan »

I also noticed in the list under Roland for the devise that the 2480 was not listed there but I remember that was the same way a few years ago when I did have it working. I had to pick like the 880 or something.