Switching Chunks and only Mixing Board switches

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
frankf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Switching Chunks and only Mixing Board switches

Post by frankf »

Try changing the Play Enabled Sequence Chunk in the Chunks window. The blue dot indicating which Sequence Chunk is play enabled will move to the new chunk and the edit windows will update if the preference I mentioned earlier is set as I said. If you change the sequence from within an edit window you're not changing the Play Enabled Chunk.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
EMRR

Re: Switching Chunks and only Mixing Board switches

Post by EMRR »

Yep, I only ever change sequences/chunks from the transport in a consolidated window. I sometimes end up with the mixer or sequence window different from the sequence shown in the transport. I can change it to the correct one in the individual window, then change windows and it will be incorrect again with respect to what's shown in the transport. I would trigger this previously by moving too quickly, probably before the sequence loaded completely. Now in 8.07 it will sometimes happen even after waiting. I rarely change viewed sequence info from within a window, say the mixer window for example, and that's definitely not what I'm referring to.

Chunks/sequences: I only ever think of the term chunk as different from sequence in regards to duplication. I build a tracking session template for a band with as much processing preloaded as can be predicted, then duplicate chunks to make it duplicate everything for different songs that will be recorded. That's the extent of my use of chunks as opposed to sequences.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Remember that you can use V-Racks and turn them on or off at the Chunks Window. Turning them off disables them and restores their resources to the CPU. By having MANY V-Racks, you can cherry-pick your active instruments, which of course will be available to all sequences in the file. (V-Racks constitute another form of Chunk)

The problem of the wrong window showing in the Consolidated Windows has, for me anyway, been related to having more than one such windows open, the other(s) of which may be hiding behind the CW.

That could be made less confusing in DP, IMO, if MOTU put their design gurus to work on it. It's always a bit of a shock to be watching the window you want, but when you hit play, the cursor doesn't move — doesn't even show up — and you can't play enable or record enable anything. Then it dawns on you: oops... wrong window.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

I saw a new version today in 8.07.

Mixer window over sequence window in consolidated view.

Change mixer window to sequence window. Now both windows are sequence, with the one I just changed moving to a different sequence. Changed to automatically go into sequence comparison mode I guess.

In 7.22 if you did this move the mixer would change to sequence, and the sequence would change to something else, mixer/tracks/meter bridge/etc.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing