commands not functioning

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

commands not functioning

Post by Julia123 »

For a long time now, both my 'control-command-D' for duplicate track, and 'shift-Q' for calling up the Quicktime window, have not worked. Both are accurate in the commands window and are alone with nothing competing with them. Does anyone know why these won't work for me? Thank you.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: commands not functioning

Post by stubbsonic »

It is possible that there is something in the Mac OS that is competing for them.

Check in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts tab

and see if the commands you list are somehow overridden there.

If you have another utility that employs keyboard macros or shortcuts like KeyRemap4MacBook that might also be stealing your thunder.

Apple should probably include some kind of utility that has an OS based "Shortcut Checker" where you type in some key command within the checker and it tells you if it is being used, or has a default use.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
ccrane
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by ccrane »

A little late to this post but the "Duplicate Track" command "control-command-D" has never worked for me - nothing happens. No conflicts that I'm aware of. Trashing preferences makes no difference. "Shift-Q" which I never use, correctly brings up the "QuickScribe Editor" which is what it is assigned to.
Rig A: DP 9.13/OS 10.12.4/2012 2x6core@2.4GHz /828x.
Rig B: DP 8.07/OS 10.8.5/2010 2x6core@2.93GHz/ProTools HD Native/AD16X
Plug-ins: NI, Spectrasonics, Play, Waves 9, Soundtoys, Eventide, McDSP,
FabFilter, Izotope, Plugin Alliance, etc...
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Julia123 »

stubbsonic wrote:It is possible that there is something in the Mac OS that is competing for them.

Check in System Preferences/Keyboard/Shortcuts tab

and see if the commands you list are somehow overridden there.
Thanks, I thought that was going to be it! I never noticed those commands there before but none of them are conflicting.:-(
ccrane wrote:A little late to this post but the "Duplicate Track" command "control-command-D" has never worked for me - nothing happens. No conflicts that I'm aware of. Trashing preferences makes no difference. "Shift-Q" which I never use, correctly brings up the "QuickScribe Editor" which is what it is assigned to.
Well at least I'm not alone! Thanks. I did eventually find what was wrong with shift-Q.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.