DP8 playing hide and seek in Sequence editor

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Timeline
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 playing hide and seek in Sequence editor

Post by Timeline »

Select the down arrow on a track and try this yourself.

In 7 and 8 in the sequence edit window on each track we see the small pulldown arrow that reveals SIZE EDIT LAYER TAKE AND INSERT as normal.

BUT

when you select edit layer separately, in 7, you would also see track mute at the bottom which i depend on constantly and use to highlight the mute line for editing.

NOW, it's not there but instead in the insert select of version 8 they have now placed a MUTE EDIT heading and removed the pointer replacing it with a pencil which changes to a lasso after one click. WIERD to the max!!! ...anyway...

After we try this edit new fanged mute select "feature?", guess what happens? NOW the highlight window suddenly appears where it used to in 7 under edit layer. WHAT THE...

If this is not a bug then why all the hide and seek?
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
Shooshie

Re: DP8 playing hide and seek in Sequence editor

Post by Shooshie »

Timeline wrote:Select the down arrow on a track and try this yourself.

In 7 and 8 in the sequence edit window on each track we see the small pulldown arrow that reveals SIZE EDIT LAYER TAKE AND INSERT as normal.

BUT

when you select edit layer separately, in 7, you would also see track mute at the bottom which i depend on constantly and use to highlight the mute line for editing.

NOW, it's not there but instead in the insert select of version 8 they have now placed a MUTE EDIT heading and removed the pointer replacing it with a pencil which changes to a lasso after one click. WIERD to the max!!! ...anyway...

After we try this edit new fanged mute select "feature?", guess what happens? NOW the highlight window suddenly appears where it used to in 7 under edit layer. WHAT THE...

If this is not a bug then why all the hide and seek?
I'm having a little trouble understanding everything you said (highlight window?), but I checked the menu you mentioned in DP 8, and it's working properly. It doesn't let you edit a mute until you've inserted a mute. Once you've got a mute in the track, the edit-mute line appears in the Edit Layer mini-menu. The following sequence shows how it goes:

As for the changing cursor, it's working as it's supposed to. When you insert a mute, it's a pencil. Once the mute is in place, it becomes a lasso in case you want to edit or copy the mute.

Nothing wrong that I can see.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Timeline

Re: DP8 playing hide and seek in Sequence editor

Post by Timeline »

Nothing wrong with that I agree but ...

the fact that the highlight feature in edit layer ONLY SHOWS after you select the mute edit tool is a waste of time to me. We could do everything with the pointer previously in 7 by just going to the "highlight edit function. There is no reason to turn it off ever or hide it IMO.

and BTW I have mutes written on all my tracks so I don't see why you draw the conclusion that a mute has to be there. Brining the mute line forward should work regardless. This appears as a bug to me. I called MOTU this morning and although it seemed hard to explain to the phone person he did call me back and said "I see what you mean"
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2