Setting the Active Sequence in the MIDI Editor

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Setting the Active Sequence in the MIDI Editor

Post by bayswater »

I have a three chunk project. I can a sequence to play status in the Chunks Window and get that sequence to come up in all the editors except in some cases, the MIDI Editor. In the SE, Mixer, etc it will either switch to the playing sequence automatically, or I can select the playing sequence in the mini menu.

If I go to the MIDI editor using the tab in the CW, I find it set to the first sequence created in the project with nothing in the menus that allow me to switch to another sequence.

I can, however, get a track open in the MIDI editor by selecting it in another window, and then using a command to open it in the MIDI editor. It's just the MIDI Editor tab in the CW that won't let me do this. Even then if I go to another tab, and then back to the MIDI editor, the active sequence in it will change to one of the other two sequences that are not in play status.

The strangest part: if I click on the Meter Bridge tab in the CW, the currently active sequence reloads, and then becomes available via the MIDI editor tab.

I'm sure DP was not designed to work this way.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8