QuickScribe won't let me see the last measures [SOLVED]

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

QuickScribe won't let me see the last measures [SOLVED]

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello.

Is there some kind of limit as to the number of measures allowed in QS or something?

After measure 202, QS won't scroll and will stay in the same page. I can hear the music, but it won't let me go further by pressing "Next Page" (it seems inactive). It seems to stop at the ending double bar I see in there. I have no idea how it got there, and I can't erase it.
I tried "Clear Arrangement", but it still won't show me the rest.

The Chunk ends at measure 400, so that wouldn't be it.

Is it because of the final double bar that I can't delete? I have never messed with those QS features, so I have no idea what that final double bar is doing there.

BTW, this piece is an ancient sequence originally created with Cakewalk and imported as SMF. But I am 99% sure I could see the whole thing correctly a few months ago.

Duplicating the tracks doesn't work.
Copying and pasting only the MIDI info to other tracks doesn't fix it either.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Last edited by FMiguelez on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
stubbsonic

Re: QuickScribe won't let me see the last measures of my pie

Post by stubbsonic »

Look in the QS mini menu/options/set score length...

See if that lets you sort it.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
FMiguelez

Re: QuickScribe won't let me see the last measures of my pie

Post by FMiguelez »

stubbsonic wrote:Look in the QS mini menu/options/set score length...

See if that lets you sort it.
Of course!
Man, what a duh moment... I went through the menus "carefully" and I didn't see it :)

It was driving me crazy.

Thanks a lot, Stubbsonic! That brought everything immediately into view.
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
stubbsonic

Re: QuickScribe won't let me see the last measures [SOLVED]

Post by stubbsonic »

It would be cool if DP would bring up the "Set Score Length..." dialog if one was to double-click on the double-bar at the end of the score. I smell a feature request.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
FMiguelez

Re: QuickScribe won't let me see the last measures [SOLVED]

Post by FMiguelez »

That would definitely be a nice and intuitive feature (it's what I was trying to do!)

There I was like an idiot trying to double click it, trying to select and delete the double bar... :lol: