Rebuilding waveforms in DP8.06

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Rebuilding waveforms in DP8.06

Post by bayswater »

Have you tried starting a new project, and then using Load to bring in the elements of the existing project? It has worked for me once or twice.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

Trying that now.....

I'm not exactly sure what the "load" functionality gets me, though, so maybe I'm not doing it right.

But let's say I want to load the tracks into this new, empty project....

When I navigate to them to "open" them from the "Load" selection, those files are not selectable. If I do a 'get info' in the finder on them, they have r/w permissions assigned to me and everyone else though.

What gives?

Thanks!
steveo

Post by steveo »

Load may be just the ticket, perhaps because the analysis files are regenerated rather than copied, but it's used to cure other ills too so let us know if it helps.

Load will add a sequence, not audio files, to an existing project. Definitely the audio is added too, but only as part of the sequence (or not, if you choose just to point to the same files the loaded sequence already uses).

So, for example, you create a new project with only Seq-1 in it. You then invoke Load and navigate to some other project and select it. It will offer you the sequence(s) it finds there (eg, WORK and RAW) and a number of options that it pays to think about (the audio files too, for example). Whatever sequence(s) you load (WORK, RAW, or both) will be imported perfectly into your project.

"Load" therefore sounds like a file-management tool, but it's often used as a corrective tool: sequences loaded this way are stripped of whatever manglement was preventing their use.
--
Steve
OSX 10.7.x, DP 9.02
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

Wow.

I just did a 'merge soundbites' on everything and was able to close the project and then open it without the processing happening!!

Party time.
leigh

Post by leigh »

fgagne wrote: I just did a 'merge soundbites' on everything and was able to close the project and then open it without the processing happening!!
Unfortunately, this did not work for me.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

That sucks, Leigh.

I've got an open ticket with tech support and was asked to look in my analysis files (within the offending project, of course) for a file called "overview_waveform_65536".

It was indeed there for me.

After relaying that info to tech support I was told:
there is a known issue with audio files large enough to create "overview_waveform_65536" analysis files right now - this will be resolved in an upcoming maintenance update.
IMO, the fix can't come soon enough.
leigh

Post by leigh »

I just filed an addendum to my Tech Report on this issue that started for me with 8.0.5. Hopefully other people who have this problem will file reports so they make it a priority to fix this.

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

fgagne wrote:After relaying that info to tech support I was told:
there is a known issue with audio files large enough to create "overview_waveform_65536" analysis files right now - this will be resolved in an upcoming maintenance update.
In the meantime, I suppose it would be possible to cut the sound files up into smaller sections. It is possible to position these with sample level accuracy so sound would not be affected. Depends on whether this is more or less convenient than regenerating the images.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Sean Kenny

Post by Sean Kenny »

Does anybody know if 8.07 was supposed to have fixed the waveform overview issue, cos I'm on 8.07 and it's worse than ever!

Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
fgagne

Post by fgagne »

I thought it was fixed in 8.07.

Have you tried doing a 'merge soundbites' on the whole thing and opening it again?

I think that worked for me.

You should try filing a bug if you're indeed on 8.07 and still having that problem. Huge bummer.