The DP 8.06 Bug Report Thread

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

The DP 8.06 Bug Report Thread

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Some comments started here:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=56997

1 - Also getting crash at quit. That was not an issue in the previous version.
2 - Consolidated Window bug(s): Whether mixing board or Channel Strip, ctl-1 does not reliably pop said window in and out of the CW. Dragging the mixer or channel strip to another location seems to reset it. I keep it on the right side and toggling from channel strip to mixing board sometimes causes the window not to pop out again.

Reported to MOTU.

DP 8.1 anyone?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Dan Worley

Re: The DP 8.06 Bug Report Thread

Post by Dan Worley »

"Undo drag send" does not work.
DP10.13
MIDI Life Crisis

Dan Worley wrote:"Undo drag send" does not work.
Awkward!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Dan Worley wrote:"Undo drag send" does not work.
Awkward!
Dragging or option dragging the send works fine, but "undo drag send" from the Edit menu does not work.
DP10.13
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Vertical scrolling with Trackpad still unusable in the SE, unless the cursor is held directly over the scroll bar, even then, a bit erratic. The same action works fine in other apps on the same system, and works in the MIDI editor and TO.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

bayswater wrote:Vertical scrolling with Trackpad still unusable in the SE, unless the cursor is held directly over the scroll bar, even then, a bit erratic. The same action works fine in other apps on the same system, and works in the MIDI editor and TO.
I can get it to work but it's glitchy as can be. It hangs and stutters and hesitates and then lurches left or right instead of up or down. It fights me the entire time. I hate it! This has to be fixed!
DP10.13
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Had a crash when trying to load a sample into Nanosampler - never use it usually so maybe this always happens - but first crash on DP8 in ages, and I have worked 8.05 hard for a long time.

And it crashed on Quit.

It overwrote 8.05 so need to go back with Time Machine. Will try all the usual tricks when installing a new version of software (Repair Permisssions etc), but kind of disappointed that 8.05 was updated to this buggy version. Not sure what the point of the update is if its not been tested properly. 8.05 has been very productive for me - so at least I have something good to go back to.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

Guitar Gaz wrote: And it crashed on Quit.
Most troubling...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Dan Worley wrote:
bayswater wrote:Vertical scrolling with Trackpad still unusable in the SE, unless the cursor is held directly over the scroll bar, even then, a bit erratic. The same action works fine in other apps on the same system, and works in the MIDI editor and TO.
I can get it to work but it's glitchy as can be. It hangs and stutters and hesitates and then lurches left or right instead of up or down. It fights me the entire time. I hate it! This has to be fixed!
Right, that's why I said unusable rather than doesn't work. It DOES scroll, but I have to swipe the entire height of the screen several times to move a couple of tracks' distance. What's really annoying is that it works in some editors and not others. Looks like it doesn't work in a window where a scroll wheel might be used to move a control, like a pan if you happened to be holding the cursor over it.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I'm not seeing the crash on quit. Maybe a look at the log is in order.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I have repaired permissions - and 8.06 now seems not to crash on Quit. So maybe that was enough. However I have re-instated 8.05 from Time Machine - but will work on testing 8.06 tomorrow.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

How do you repair permissions? Can someone come over and do it for me? :rofl:

I forgot to do that. It'll be interesting to see what it reports back.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

It reports some errors in MAS plugins.
MIDI Life Crisis

Interesting...
Group differs on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”; should be 0; group is 80

Permissions differ on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxrwxr-x

Repaired “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

bayswater wrote:
Dan Worley wrote:
Right, that's why I said unusable rather than doesn't work. It DOES scroll, but I have to swipe the entire height of the screen several times to move a couple of tracks' distance. What's really annoying is that it works in some editors and not others. Looks like it doesn't work in a window where a scroll wheel might be used to move a control, like a pan if you happened to be holding the cursor over it.
Vertical scroll with the Magic Trackpad doesn't work well inside any window of DP for me. Even in the Soundbites window it doesn't respond smoothly.

Is it the same for all trackpads?

Edit: Let me rephrase that: Is it the same for other trackpads?
Last edited by Dan Worley on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP10.13