Mavericks and DP8.05 - little bugs, but growing bigger!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mavericks and DP8.05 - little bugs, but growing bigger!

Post by mikehalloran »

Apple threw out all BT 2.0 and went solely with BT 4.0.. they just didn't tell anybody."
That's right, they do. My son-in-law told me something similar but out of context, it just flew by me.

I was shopping for a Bluetooth keyboard for my new iPad Air and there are notes that the keyboard needs to be at least BT 3 or later to work.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mavericks and DP8.05 - little bugs, but growing bigger!

Post by toodamnhip »

This may have nothing to do with anything, but I have had some small, inconsistent weirdness with scrolling in DP 8.05. It has been inconsistent and I won't get into specifics because it is hard to describe. I bring it up because I am back on 10.6.8, using DP 8.05. So there is a bit of vague anecdotal evidence that has me wondering if something in DP 8.05 is also part of the scrolling problem. Maybe not. But something has gotten a bt less consistent where my scrolling craps out from time to time in 8.05 with nothing having changed except DP?
I was even going to by a new trackball mouse but then the problem got better, now showing only rarely. Just more data for the confused public I guess.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc