DP8, Mavericks OSX, EUCON

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
scopemc@msn.com
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8, Mavericks OSX, EUCON

Post by scopemc@msn.com »

Hello Motunation,

Excited to be able to post something that might help, as opposed to getting the help all the time.

After upgrading to Mavericks, my artist control and mix were essentially unusable. It took 3 times for a fader move on the control surface to actually move a fader in DP8.

So after searching and trying different firmware, unsuccessful rollback to Mountain Lion, I got things to work.

Hope this helps someone!

A. I un-installed Eucon.

B. Deleted all preferences:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_U ... o/en431411

Mac:
1. Go to ~/Library/Preferences.
2. Delete the following files:
◦ com.euphonix.eucon.plist
◦ com.euphonix.eucon.plist.lockfile (Lion only)
◦ com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist
◦ com.Euphonix.EuControl.plist.lockfile (Lion only)
◦ Euphonix (this will be a folder)
3. Go to /Library/Preferences.
4. Delete the following files:
◦ com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist
◦ com.euphonix.EuConSystem.plist.lockfile (Lion only)
◦ com.euphonix.install.EuControl.plist
5. Empty the trash.
◦ If you are on Lion, you will need to do a Secure Empty Trash from the Finder menu.
6. Quit and relaunch EuControl.

Windows:
Method 1:
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Click on your user name in the upper-right corner.
3. Go to the AppData folder.
4. NOTE: If the AppData folder is not showing:
◦ Click on Organize and choose 'Folder and Search Options'.
◦ Click on the View tab.
◦ Select 'Show Hidden Files and Folders'.
◦ Click Apply and OK. AppData should now be viewable.
5. Go to the Roaming folder.
6. Go to the Euphonix folder.
7. Right-click on the EuControl.cfg file and delete it.
8. Restart the computer.
Method 2:
1. Open your Start menu.
2. Type regedit and hit Enter.
3. Delete the following regkey:
◦ HKEY_CURENT_USER\Software\Euphonix\EuCon\MC\Prefs
4. Restart the computer.

C. Installed the latest Eucon Driver (3.0.1)

D. Reinstalled DP8.5
** OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion ** DP 8.05 ** 2.26 GHz 8-Core MacPro 2009 ** 24GB RAM ** NI Komplete 9 ** Artist Control & Mix (EUCON 2.7.1) ** Motif ES8 ** VSL SE, Suite ** Korg padKontrol ** MOTU 896mk3 ** EWQLSO Gold ** McDSP ML4000 ** Izotope RX 2 ** Roland EV-5 **
scopemc@msn.com

Re: DP8, Mavericks OSX, EUCON--UPDATE

Avid has released new software driver/firmware for EUCON. It is stated to support Mavericks OS X 10.9

Hope this improves the performance!!

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euph ... loads.html
** OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion ** DP 8.05 ** 2.26 GHz 8-Core MacPro 2009 ** 24GB RAM ** NI Komplete 9 ** Artist Control & Mix (EUCON 2.7.1) ** Motif ES8 ** VSL SE, Suite ** Korg padKontrol ** MOTU 896mk3 ** EWQLSO Gold ** McDSP ML4000 ** Izotope RX 2 ** Roland EV-5 **
buhardilla

Re: DP8, Mavericks OSX, EUCON--UPDATE

Post by buhardilla »

scopemc@msn.com wrote:Avid has released new software driver/firmware for EUCON. It is stated to support Mavericks OS X 10.9

Hope this improves the performance!!

http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euph ... loads.html
worse and worse :x
DP 10.11 || iMac 2019 5K ||i9 8core 3.6GHz|| 64 GB RAM|| macOS 11.5.1
RME AiOPro || Softube Console 1 ||
Maxxy

Re: DP8, Mavericks OSX, EUCON

Post by Maxxy »

Hi there

I updated EuCon from 2.62 to latest 3.10. Also updated the firmware of both my MC Control (1.35) and MC Mix (1.52)

i trashed the files as suggested by scopemc@msn.com and needed to reinstall DP 8.05 to get the EuCon driver running

As noted by buhardilla the results have not been good ... running DP in 64 bit mode

When banking, fader positions seem to respond quickly but track names may not get updated. Also when doing Shift-Touch Fader on the MCs the volume in DP correctly returns to unity but often (or usually) the fader position on the MCs does not...it just seems to jam up.

The problem is not DP specific as in both Logic 9 and X the aberrant behaviour is similar.

You just can't trust that the channel faders and names match up correctly!! ) :

It feels like a networking issue...like the network is intermittently really sluggish

Any ideas?

Thank you

Mavericks 10.9.1, 2009 Octo Core MacPro 2.93 Ghz, 16 gig RAM, UAD-2 PCIe (2), MOTU 828Mk3 FW, EuCon 3.10, MC Mix and MC Control
Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Well after a little more digging around it seems this is really in Avid's court

I checked the User Forum there and it is clear that the Shift-Touch Fader Set to Unity function is broken in EuCon 3.10. It was suggested to keep the recent firmware but go back to 3.01 for the time being.

I tried that and it has fixed that particular function.

I also thought that reverting to 3.01 had restored assignable EUCON parameters in EuControl that had somehow disappeared in 3.10... but it seems now that even in 3.01 EuControl publishes them intermittently... perhaps needs a restart of EuControl to restore their visibility??

Unfortunately the resetting of track names on the MC Mix is still broken... sometimes needs 35 seconds before correct track naming completes after a bank change! MC Control doesn't seem to suffer from this. Other DAWs suffer similarly.

It seems everyone on Mavericks needs a solid version from Avid

Thanks in advance for their efforts on this

Best to all

Mavericks 10.9.1, 2009 Octo Core MacPro 2.93 Ghz, 16 gig RAM, UAD-2 PCIe (2), MOTU 828Mk3 FW, EuCon 3.10, MC Mix and MC Control

Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro, 32g RAM, LG 32UD99 4k monitor on HDMI, OSX 13.6.1, DP 11.3, MOTU TB AVB 16A w/AVB Monitor 8 on ethernet cable, UAD Apollo x8, Netstor TB3 PCIe card expansion w/ UAD-2... 1 x Octo and 2 x Quad cards, Softube Console 1 MkII & Fader Control
scopemc@msn.com

Hey Maxxy,

I have essentially rolled my computer back 10.8.5 and my Eucon driver back 2.7.1.

Unfortunately, I work in another state that where I live and won't be able to dig into anything for a few weeks.

Sorry, I don't any additional information.

Mike C.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Hi there

Well hope springs eternal and, after months of considering my Avid/Euphonix Artist series MC Mix to be permanently disabled and unusable, I have just installed the latest EuCon update (3.13) and it seems to be back in action! ( :

The incredible time lag between when you change banks and when the MC Mix OLEDs update their channel name seems to be fixed! I'm very pleased about that

Also the Shift_Touch Fader = Set To Unity also seems to be fixed

It seems to be functioning mud as it always did (before it went AWOL a couple of versions back)

Of course I'd love it if MOTU and/or AVID could implement Eucon such that the Artist series controllers could reflect the tracks being used in the Mixing window rather than everything in the Tracks Overview and...

if the jog/shuttle wheel could scroll fwd and backwards whilst in the Mixing Window and all windows ... i.e. no matter which window is in the fore. As it stands you can't jog scroll with the wheel unless a time line window such as Tracks Overview or Sequence Editor is at the fore ) :

Anyway realistically I'm probable dreaming about any further improvements for us non PT users but...?

Just wanted to report to you that at least the MC Mix is functioning well enough again

Best to all

Mavericks 10.9.4, Octocore Nehelem 2.93, DP 8.06, EuCon 3.13 plus latest firmware for MC Mix and MC Control
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Not seeing my Mc Control with the latest update. Before that I was updating while using an older eucon bundle every time. I will roll that back and see if it connects though if it is working for you it should be for me....
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
Albert Bacardit

Post by Albert Bacardit »

My old MBPro died and I've just bought a new one. The eucon protocol I formerly used (2.6.2) behaved strangely, so I updated to the last one (3.1.3). It didn't recognize DP -I'm still on 7.2. I tried every single eucon from 2.6.2 to 3.1.3 and found out that the only one working correctly was 2.7.1.
So, I can confirm that the combination OSX 10.9.4, DP 7.2 and Eucon 2.7.1 works -at least on a mid 14 MBPro 2.8 GHz.
Hope it can help anyone.
MacBook Pro 2.2, 16G RAM, OS 10.12.5, DP 9.5, Ultralite, MC Mix, A7s, Guitars, Keyboards, Amps, VIs and Plugins.
leigh

Post by leigh »

This recent discussion prompted me to try my MC Mix again with 10.9.4, EuControl 3.1.3 and DP 8.0.6.

The only things I can get to work are faders changing levels, pan pots changing pan, record, mute and solo buttons. Track names update quickly and correctly. The Inserts button brings up an incomplete list of inserts and I can't get CFG to work.

I think I'm doing things correctly as described in the DP section of the Application Setup Guide but I haven't used my MC Mix much and may be missing something.

Does my experience reflect your experience?

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
Albert Bacardit

Post by Albert Bacardit »

Hi leigh,

Everything seems to work correctly here with 7.2, insert buttons and all. Maybe you can try deleting preferences and reinstalling different eucon drivers until you find one that works.
If you could make the connection Mavericks-Eucon-DP8, that would be really good news.
Cheers.
MacBook Pro 2.2, 16G RAM, OS 10.12.5, DP 9.5, Ultralite, MC Mix, A7s, Guitars, Keyboards, Amps, VIs and Plugins.
leigh

Post by leigh »

Some progress!

I ran the Uninstall EuCon script and then I used the search function of PathFinder to find all occurrences of 'euponix' in both /Library and ~/Library and deleted them all. Then I emptied the Trash.

I installed the EuCon 3.1.3 driver and got it talking the MC Mix (1.52 firmware).

I discovered that my delete had removed the EuphonixMIDI.plugin so DP showed no EuCon driver under the Control Surface Setup. The MOTU.com Knowledge Base said that if it was missing form the setup menu, I should re-install DP. I re-installed DP 8.0.6 from the download and picked EuCon from Control Surface Setup.

Now the plug-in names and parameters show up on the MC Mix display. The Page< and Page> keys cycle through the Inserts slots.

I need to work on something else now so more later — but progress!

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics