Closing audio editor forces VI to reload - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
csansom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Closing audio editor forces VI to reload - RESOLVED

Post by csansom »

This is a weirdness…

I have two instances of Kontakt 5 loaded and enabled. If I edit a soundbite in DP's built-in waveform editor, when I close it one of these Kontakt instances reloads. Every time. Always the same one and not the other one. Why? As far as I can tell, its state is fully preserved so I'm not losing anything; it's just irritating having to wait for it every time. I can see no relationship between the Kontakt instance and the audio track except that they're both going to the same output - but then so is the other Kontakt instance that doesn't reload. Go figure!

Anyone else experienced this? Or have some blindingly obvious explanation that I've missed?
iMac Pro (2017), macOS 12.7.2 Monterey, MOTU M4, Adam A7 monitors, DP 11.3 94678, Finale 27.4.1, VIs from NI, SampleModeling, AudioModeling, Spitfire, Soniccouture, IK, UVI, Modartt, etc. Studiologic acuna88 keyboard
doodles

Re: Closing audio editor forces VI to reload

Post by doodles »

Make sure the transport control in the waveform editor isn't on. (linked to sequence). This would always make all my VE Pro's have to restart, and MOTU advised to switch this link off. Solved it for me!
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
csansom

Re: Closing audio editor forces VI to reload

Post by csansom »

Bingo! That does seem to have fixed it - and in fact it's better because it's simpler, for testing purposes, just to play what's selected.

Still seems very mysterious that just one of my Kontakts would reload and not the other, but I guess it doesn’t matter now!

Thanks!
iMac Pro (2017), macOS 12.7.2 Monterey, MOTU M4, Adam A7 monitors, DP 11.3 94678, Finale 27.4.1, VIs from NI, SampleModeling, AudioModeling, Spitfire, Soniccouture, IK, UVI, Modartt, etc. Studiologic acuna88 keyboard
doodles

Re: Closing audio editor forces VI to reload - RESOLVED

Post by doodles »

great, glad it's working!

Always a weird thing, that one. Fortunately it's not project specific, so once you've switched it off, you can just forget about it.
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam