UAD error messages in DP8

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
jlaudon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UAD error messages in DP8

Post by jlaudon »

Wow, now that is strange - a new user account... mmm, I'll try that.
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
jermusic

Post by jermusic »

muscletn wrote:
James Steele wrote:
muscletn wrote:Because of their testing limitations, DP is out of their immediate picture.

What does that mean? Do they not have a copy of DP provided to them to test on, or they just don't bother to test on DP?

What I was told by Dan Becker at UA is that they test only ProTools, Logic, Steinberg (for the PC folks), and Ableton. DP is not tested because, to quote him, "the numbers are just not there." Every tech that I've dealt with at UA has professed almost total ignorance of DP, even as they acknowledge top-notch professionals being among their customer base.
I'm guessing that because of Audio Units, we're able to be a part of UA world in DP.

Apparently, there is a very "DP-friendly" guy high up in the tech ranks over there. My case was directed to him.

I really do think that the DP/UA users among us need to make our voices heard at UA. What we lack in numbers we can make up by taking an activist stance. Email or call when issues arise, and let them know that maybe we're not such a small group after all. Kinda like life, eh?!

The other funny/frustrating thing is that many of UA's plug-in demos on their website and on YouTube are done using DP. I've told multiple techs this and they all think it's kinda ridiculous. It's really frustrating that DP has been around for decades and yet, because MOTU only recently released a windows version, companies like UA refuse to acknowledge DP's value and popularity.

DP USERS, UNITE!!!
Avishai

Post by Avishai »

I agree with you 100%!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk