Clear MIDI Controller Greyed Out

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rickorick
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Clear MIDI Controller Greyed Out

Post by rickorick »

Hi
I'm putting together a second system with a 2009 iMac running 10.6.8 and DP 7.24
I got a used MIDI Express XT and an old ReMOTE 25 from Novation and I can't clear a MIDI
controller. I'm able to attach a slider or a knob but I can't clear it if I want to make a change.
In the User Guide it just says click on "Clear MIDI Controller" and click on the slider etc. and hit
return and that should clear it but it's greyed out in the menu. I can usually figure this stuff
out but now I'm stuck. I'm on page 774.

Thanks
Used 2012 Mac Pro 3.33 6 Core 16g ram 10.8.5 DP 7.24
PMortise
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Clear MIDI Controller Greyed Out

Post by PMortise »

rikp wrote:
kwg wrote:
rikp wrote:OK:

I have no problems attaching a MIDI controller to a fader in the mix window, but when I then go to select the un-attach MIDI controller it is grayed out. I checked the manual and this should be available. What am I missing here?

I am using a PPC Mac with version 5.11.

Thanks in advance for the help folks!

Peace

rikp
This has been happening to me as well and it's been driving me nuts. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. After some fiddling around today, I think I may have the answer. Make sure all the tracks are visible (open the expanded list, on the left). If any are not highlighted, the Clear MIDI Controller••¦ option is greyed out.

I'm no DP guru but this seems to solve the problem (DP 5.13).

Thanks Keith, you are a guru! Worked like a charm!

Peace

rikp
DP 10.11 / 3.33GHz 12-Core, 10.15.7, 128GB / 3.33GHz 12-Core, 10.15.7, 128GB /
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination." ~ Einstein
rickorick

Post by rickorick »

I don't think I understand what he was trying to say. But I don't have that rig all setup but I did turn it on to see if I could do anything without the MIDI Express hooked up but it was still greyed out. Thanks for trying to help maybe I'll figure it out one day.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

It seems the important part was, "Make sure all the tracks are visible (open the expanded list, on the left). If any are not highlighted, the Clear MIDI Controller••¦ option is greyed out." So, I guess you need to make sure all are highlighted?

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
rickorick

Post by rickorick »

I'll try that when I get that rig going again, but I think I tried the same thing with my laptop
and it just worked as expected. Right now it's not pressing and since then I picked up an old Mackie MCU and it works so I might just use that.

Thanks