UAD ver. 6.51/6.52 preset names?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Avishai
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: UAD ver. 6.51/6.52 preset names?

Post by Avishai »

I am using DP 7.24 and own an Apollo and I have no issues calling presets in my sessions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RROY

Post by RROY »

I have looked into this UAD-2 preset name problem a little further. It seems there are no "Audio Unit" Preset names for UAD 2. There is only a VST preset list. Which for whatever reason DP loses the preset name when disabling and re-enabling the plug-in. I switched my UAD plugins to VST mode and the preset names behave properly. But when in VST mode AU versions do not load so you lose your settings when switching. The VST preset names work properly in Logic 9.1.8 but not in DP. Apparently it has something to do with the way Motu
has written their AU wrapper. I have written to both MOTU and UAD about this.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
Avishai

Post by Avishai »

RROY wrote:I have looked into this UAD-2 preset name problem a little further. It seems there are no "Audio Unit" Preset names for UAD 2. There is only a VST preset list. Which for whatever reason DP loses the preset name when disabling and re-enabling the plug-in. I switched my UAD plugins to VST mode and the preset names behave properly. But when in VST mode AU versions do not load so you lose your settings when switching. The VST preset names work properly in Logic 9.1.8 but not in DP. Apparently it has something to do with the way Motu
has written their AU wrapper. I have written to both MOTU and UAD about this.
Thank you.