Time Stretching Audio

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
monkey man
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Time Stretching Audio

Post by monkey man »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I want what some of what Nicky's smoking. On second thought, no, I really don't. LOL
It all smells like poo down here in Jungleville, Magilla.
Michael Canavan wrote:It's almost certain that DP9 will include MX4 but not Mach Five 3.
Thread at Gearslutz had a developer say all the major add ons to DP9 have been announced.
I agree that the full M5 3 is highly unlikely.

I also saw the comment, but that was back around January, so there's plenty of room for MOTU to have brought things not originally intended for this release forward. Who knows, something like this could be inspired by an opportunity to capitalise on hardware sales (AVB, specifically), or at the other extreme, an effort to revive poor sales figures. Either way, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on what was declared back then, well-intentioned and accurate as it may have been at the time.
Michael Canavan wrote:So what we can expect besides better MIDI controller etc., MX4, new effects, new audio file viewing, etc. etc. is little workflow things, hopefully ones we want! :)
Yeah!
Michael Canavan wrote:I own Mach Five 3, but I would welcome the combo.
I too, and I too, especially if it opened the door to tighter integration and perhaps even DP's being able to employ its plug-ins. Oh man, how good would that be?

Even a stripped-down version of it, which I wouldn't discount (far from it; I half expect something akin to this), could provide a link to some time-stretching and other processing features. It's nice to dream.
Michael Canavan wrote:The only real advantage of Live's simplistic Sampler is that it saves the samples in the Live project folder with your project. Mach Five 3 with sample sets you do yourself it would be nice if a dialogue popped up asking you if you wanted to save user sampler files in the DP project. 8)
Agreed. I alluded to this earlier when I referred to "tighter integration". A folder housing project samples and presets would be just the ticket IMHO too. That'd be kewel!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here