crash city... custom window sets problem?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: crash city... custom window sets problem?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

It was an incomplete screen redraw followed by a complete absence of DP. The Apple report showed up and was sent. Notice the DP report screen didn't show up oncw.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Not sure who you mean Mike. The rest of the thread is from 2012.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:It was an incomplete screen redraw followed by a complete absence of DP. The Apple report showed up and was sent. Notice the DP report screen didn't show up oncw.
So, we could conclude that whatever caused the problem was big enough to affect the entire system, leading me to wonder if Yosemite might be at the core of the issue. Or am I misreading you? You said the Apple report showed up. OH. I guess you mean the Apple report that DP had quit. Ok, so it's NOT systemic. Just DP. Yet the behavior seems to reflect a change in the way windows are managed.

Sorry... thinking out loud. Trying to trace the roots of the various reports of problems since Yosemite. I think Apple has some work to do. Maybe Yosemite isn't quite ready for prime time. Perhaps they're going to release "Half Dome" one of these days, and it'll be the Snow Leopard/Mountain Lion of this version.

Well, idle speculation + $2.50 will buy you a cup of coffee, so I'm going to go out and get a cuppa. Maybe they'll give me a free refill for telling them that I think Yosemite is not entirely there yet. Except that free refills are $1.50.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
MIDI Life Crisis

It may well be a Yo' window issue.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS