What's going on with MIDI automation? Or with me??

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: What's going on with MIDI automation? Or with me??

Post by waterstrum »

Thanks Joe….

I appreciate your explanation.
That makes sense.
It would be a very nice addition to DP.

Does anybody know if another current DAW has this feature?
If not, maybe DP could make a breakthrough here.
All is well
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: What's going on with MIDI automation? Or with me??

Post by Mathematics »

This is an old thread but has there been any change in DP9 that allows CC data to employ the Touch, Latch, and such commands?

Issue:
Trying to make small changes to the CC data curve created by the CC assigned Velocity X-Fader in Vienna Instruments is very cumbersome when the original data curve is NOT a flat line. The result is a jagged oscillation which seems to be due to DP trying to rewrite the original curve from the momentary signals sent by the hardware fader I'm using. Instead of producing a line or curve, from perhaps a linear or curve fitting algorithm as I would imagine it should do, it merely connects the extremes of the new and old data thus producing the horrific oscillatory.

Solution?
For now, I'm just deleting the points in the section (which produces a straight line) I want to affect, set a memory loop, and record.

Is there a better way? What was the best suited work-around that worked for you guys?
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai