DP 7.24 crashing... re open and Kontakt instances blank!!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
hammerman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 7.24 crashing... re open and Kontakt instances blank!

Post by hammerman »

I thought I had the Kontakt Memory Server on but apparently not. Now it loads samples outside of DP and no more crashing.

:)
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
williemyers
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by williemyers »

just thought I would mention that I posted this following thread about getting a "PANIC:..." window when trying to re-load Kontakt 5 multi's that had come up blank, when reloading a DP sequence.
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=50624
in that thread, I had failed to mention getting all of the problems described in *this* thread, about crashes & blank VI's....
hmmm....
the only thing I can add to the analysis is that I *am* using Kontakt5's Memory Server and am begining to try and run more and more VI's (10-12 instances). DP's Audio Perf is starting to spike like crazy and it's getting hard to get through much work without a crash.
as mentioned before, I *really* hope that DP8 will be the solution.....and SOON....
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me
nyplugin
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by nyplugin »

Actually I noticed that it happens only when I have Kontakt 5 and Stylus or Omnisphere playing together.
I don't know but I have this feeling that DP8 is gonna be the final mess up since it's gonna be on Windows too....They said that was coming up in spring....
MacOS 15 Sonoma - DP 11 - Mac Mini 2018 i7 2.3GHz - 64GB RAM