Reverse Plug In and Reverse Phase not in DP 7.22?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Reverse Plug In and Reverse Phase not in DP 7.22?

Post by toodamnhip »

I have always used the reverse and even reverse phase plug ins in the Audio plug ins window -Audio/audio plug ins/ reverse....etc...

The REVERSE and REVERSE PHASE Plugs are gone...lol...

Have they been left out of DP 7.22?

That would be really strange.
I installed so carefully that it seems very weird that it could be gone.
If it indicates an install issue, this make me a bit nervous as, after tons of bugs etc, I finally have my system working and I am not sure if I want to re-install.

Of course, getting hold of tech support at 2 pm LA time is impossible. I have my assistant dialing over and over..bzzzzz bzzzzzzzz

Any advise would be very much appreciated. It might even be cool if one of you amazing Nation members could e mail me the reverse plug for now.

I'll talk to tech support tomorrow I guess and, if it seems to risky to re-install, I'd love to just get the plug as a one off and drop it into the MAS plugs folder.

Also, if anyone is feeling kind, a list of plugs I should have would be great. I wonder what else I am missing? Having come from DP 5.13, there may be a few I am not aware of
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
Dwetmaster

Re: Reverse Plug In and Reverse Phase not in DP 7.22?

Post by Dwetmaster »

pm sent
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
1nput0utput

Post by 1nput0utput »

My guess would be that you installed Digital Performer with an update installer, not the full installer from the disc. Usually Digital Performer update installers do not install all the plug-ins. If there was no change from the previous version, then MOTU doesn't include them to make the installer program smaller. The Reverse and Invert Phase plug-ins almost never change, so they are often excluded in the update installers. The full installer from the DP installation disc always installs all plug-ins. Run the installer on your disc and then run the later update installers to get back to the current version.
The leading cause of wrong answers is asking the wrong questions.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

1nput0utput wrote:My guess would be that you installed Digital Performer with an update installer, not the full installer from the disc. Usually Digital Performer update installers do not install all the plug-ins. If there was no change from the previous version, then MOTU doesn't include them to make the installer program smaller. The Reverse and Invert Phase plug-ins almost never change, so they are often excluded in the update installers. The full installer from the DP installation disc always installs all plug-ins. Run the installer on your disc and then run the later update installers to get back to the current version.
What you said makes sense, but, it is my recollection that I installed from disks, and updated online only the latest of everything.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
daniel.sneed

Post by daniel.sneed »

Not in front of my DAW right now.
But, I remember loosing the Reverse plug in a previous DP transition.
I picked the plug from an older HD clone, and voila!
dAn Shakin' all over! :unicorn:
DP11.31, OS12.7.4, MacBookPro-i7-3.1Ghz-16GoRam-1ToSSD
Falcon, Kontakt, Ozone, RX, Unisum & Michelangelo, LX480
Waldorf Iridium & STVC & Blofeld, Kemper Profiler Stage, EWIusb, Studiologic VMK, ControlPad
JBL4326+4312sub, Behringer X32rack
Many mics, mandolins, banjos, guitars, flutes, melodions, xylos, kalimbas...
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Sometimes, AU plugs gets organized differently on first use (after initial validation) than on later launches.

I've noticed a few plugs bounce around in their naming and location in the drop-list, after updates or fresh installs.

In most cases, the vendor name gets dropped, pre-pended, or used as a sub-folder. So try all three possibilities to see if they're just "hiding".

Also make sure to run "repair permissions".
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Go to Audio Menu>Audio Plug-Ins. You should see MOTU: Invert Phase (mono) and MOTU:Reverse (mono) listed.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

toodamnhip wrote: What you said makes sense, but, it is my recollection that I installed from disks, and updated online only the latest of everything.
Invert Phase and Reverse are both still there. It sounds as if something just hiccuped during the installation.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Frodo wrote:
toodamnhip wrote: What you said makes sense, but, it is my recollection that I installed from disks, and updated online only the latest of everything.
Invert Phase and Reverse are both still there. It sounds as if something just hiccuped during the installation.
I didn't know the installer had a pair of lungs..... :rofl:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

toodamnhip wrote: I didn't know the installer had a pair of lungs..... :rofl:
Those ain't lungs, baby - it's just a very sexy DAW...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I love the sound of ROFL.

MLC, I can't recall which version it was, but do you remember when you had a similar issue during an installation in which your "MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle" wouldn't install after repeated attempts? Didn't MOTU send you an interim installer or something? It's been a while, so I forgot just how that got fixed.

I don't think the usual paper bag or hold your breath solutions for curing hiccups would apply. Did you sneak up on your computer and yell "boo"? :lol:

Seriously, these things don't happen often but they *can* happen. Sometimes we don't notice what's missing until well after the fact.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
MIDI Life Crisis

Frodo wrote: MLC, I can't recall which version it was, but do you remember when you had a similar issue during an installation in which your "MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle" wouldn't install after repeated attempts...
When DP went form 5.13 to 6, they changed the format of that file and if you tried to go back to DP 5 after installing 6, you had to delete the file manually. I was saved by a member of this board in a very troubling moment in production when he brought that to my attention as the problem. Another reason why I really never used DP 6.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Frodo wrote:I love the sound of ROFL.

MLC, I can't recall which version it was, but do you remember when you had a similar issue during an installation in which your "MAS AudioUnit Support.bundle" wouldn't install after repeated attempts? Didn't MOTU send you an interim installer or something? It's been a while, so I forgot just how that got fixed.

I don't think the usual paper bag or hold your breath solutions for curing hiccups would apply. Did you sneak up on your computer and yell "boo"? :lol:

Seriously, these things don't happen often but they *can* happen. Sometimes we don't notice what's missing until well after the fact.
Personally, I take any "small" problem as a potential sign of a bigger problem. This makes no sense to me and it makes me wonder if the whole DP program should be re-installed. I am running pretty well now after I discovered the Antares bug.
But there has been about a crash a day or so.
I will monitor this with an eye toward re-installing everything should other strange issues appear.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MIDI Life Crisis

I've had about 4 or 5 crashes in the last week but with very heavy use and many hours of the program open and working. I don't mind the crashes as much as the -39 error that the file has gone south. that is totally unacceptable. Time Machine and multiple manual backups is the only possible protection but it's just wrong.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I've had about 4 or 5 crashes in the last week but with very heavy use and many hours of the program open and working. I don't mind the crashes as much as the -39 error that the file has gone south. that is totally unacceptable. Time Machine and multiple manual backups is the only possible protection but it's just wrong.
I've already had the auto backup in DP save my ass once.
Yesterday, I almost blew a final master file and I was freaking.

I had burned the stereo mix and then I went to delete unused soundbites:
1) It took a very long time to select them all as if suddenly, there was a ton of unused soundbites, (it had not been too long since I had last done that so it shouldn't have been that way)
2) It couldn't delete because of one Fu %^$&^%&&%&ing file that was corrupt due to a peak pro file I had to make due to the reverse plug not working. (I reversed the file in Peak).
Suddenly, DP gave me an error message and I clicked OK and it would not stop giving me the damn message. I clicked like 50x.
Finally , i had to force quit. I was bummed thinking I lost my last 45 min of mix changes.

When I tried to launch the file agin, it gave an error message, maybe that error 39, I don;t recall.
But I was able to open the back up, which was 40 minutes too old, and then, once DP was opened, I opened the previous file that was messed up and this time ,,,it opened.
I quickly did a Save as and lucked out..
But this cra^&%&%&&%^p pisses me off.
It's like "Murphies Law"
DP, or some demon knows when I am about "done" and tries like hell to explode...

Adds a few new grey hairs to my most non-grey head... :brucelee:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13