DP Patch List Graphics Anomaly-With Video!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP Patch List Graphics Anomaly-With Video!

Post by buzzsmith »

Okay...here it is (no sound-haven't got that far yet!)

22 seconds in length.

Anyone else have this issue?

(Thanks, James for this embedded video feature that you added to the board.)

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: DP Patch List Graphics Anomaly-With Video!

Post by James Steele »

Did you update to DP 7.21 or still on DP 7.2?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

What VI's are you using in the project? I see Stylus, but are you using other Spectrasonics plugs like Trillian or Omnisphere. Because this was reported somewhere and it apparently only happens with projects that contain Spectrasonics VIs.

Close the GUI of any open Spectrasonics VIs, then save the project in that state with the Spectrasonics VIs closed. Then reopen the project. I'm told that may make the issue go away from that point on.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

James Steele wrote:Did you update to DP 7.21 or still on DP 7.2?
Still 7.2
I will try and close the Spectrasonics VIs'GUIs...I do have Stylus and Trilian running on this sequence.
Report back later...

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

buzzsmith wrote:Still 7.2
Ummm... any reason you haven't updated to 7.21? For all I know this may have been addressed in 7.21 because I never see this problem any more.

buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

James Steele wrote: Ummm... any reason you haven't updated to 7.21? For all I know this may have been addressed in 7.21 because I never see this problem any more.
No, James, no real reason except just being, perhaps, overly cautious in the middle of a few projects. One is pretty big.

I'll probably do the 7.21 update tomorrow, and revert back to 7.2 if any unwelcome "oop-sies" appear.

Gracias...

Buzzy

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I understand. I think you're pretty safe on that one. I have had no problems. Usually those .01 increments don't change anything too major. I think you'll be fine and it might get rid of the patchlist issue.

n2mpujack

Post by n2mpujack »

Where I've seen something like this happen is on SSL's website at:
http://www.solid-state-logic.com/index.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I go to one of the pull-down menus at the top of that page I get almost the same thing - menu items seemingly disappearing then re-appearing, etc. just like in the video. It doesn't happen in other pages on SSL's site. The one thing that is different about their front page is there's a Flash graphic running showing different products on the site. It doesn't really help if I disable Flash the effect still happens.

Running 10.4.11 and Firefox 3.6.12
jacey714
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jacey714 »

Wow...I'm having the exact same problem. I couldn't figure out how to describe it accurately with words but that video shows exactly what's happening to me as well. Has anyone found a solution to this? I didn't notice this thing until I upgraded to 7.21. It's happening to me everytime I open a patchlist on MIDI devices...
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

jacey714 wrote:Wow...I'm having the exact same problem. I couldn't figure out how to describe it accurately with words but that video shows exactly what's happening to me as well. Has anyone found a solution to this? I didn't notice this thing until I upgraded to 7.21. It's happening to me everytime I open a patchlist on MIDI devices...
Just curious...what version of DP did you upgrade from?

And, are you running any Spectrasonics VIs?

Buzzy

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

jim2b

Post by jim2b »

I had the same problem.

Closed Omnisphere/saved/reopened project. Problem solved.

Jim
DP 11, High Sierra, Mid 2010 Mac Pro 3.33ghz, 32gb Ram
doodles

Post by doodles »

Yep, I'm having this problem randomly (normally 6 or 7 times a day) It's not, however, just a patchlist thing. I get it with tracks window, VI's, etc. there's not one thing - which makes me wonder if it's an Apple thing or DP. The way round it is to just click and drag your mouse over the area thats affected, and it works. It's a PITA, though. Glad it's not just me!
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
jacey714

Post by jacey714 »

buzzsmith wrote:
jacey714 wrote:Wow...I'm having the exact same problem. I couldn't figure out how to describe it accurately with words but that video shows exactly what's happening to me as well. Has anyone found a solution to this? I didn't notice this thing until I upgraded to 7.21. It's happening to me everytime I open a patchlist on MIDI devices...
Just curious...what version of DP did you upgrade from?

And, are you running any Spectrasonics VIs?

Buzzy
I upgraded from 7.2...Actually I did every upgrade that was out since DP7 came out...

Also, I do run Spectrasonics VI's but sometimes it happens even when I don't use Spectrasonics VI's.
waddo

Post by waddo »

I have the same problem running latest OSX and latest DP.
waterstrum

Post by waterstrum »

This is still happening for me.
Did anybody ever figure it out?
Thanks.
All is well