resource error -192

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kbshearer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

resource error -192

Post by kbshearer »

Okay...bear with me....

I have a couple of different production rooms. For a number of reasons, one setup is running an old system. A non-intel dual core mac (2.5) running 10.41 and an old copy of DP 4.61. So...that hardware develops a problem. I bring in another system...a 3.2 gig 8 core power mac running Snow Leopard running DP 7.2. I open a file originated on the 4.61 machine. many of them open fine. I attempt to open a file that is on a particular partition. It opens, but before it finishes opening it comes up with that error. It is tied to a specific soundfile. I then noticed that the drive partition had run out of room.
Now...keep in mind these are SDll files since it was made with DP 4.61. When looking at the audio files, that particular audio file shows a modified date of today. It's the ONLY one that does. Fro some reason, it looks like that ONE file was modified when the file attempted to open. The rest of the audio files show the expected earlier dates.
The other thing.....that one audio file is the only one that shows as the standard SDll file type, as opposed to the "black box with a musical note" icon....as the rest of the audio files show. But they both show as SDll file types.....I can't open the DP file at all because of this one audio file that has somehow gone wrong....I'd trash the dammed audio segment and move on if I could, but the program refuses to open. I've transferred to another drive....but no go. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks for your time,

Kirt
MacPro Octa-core 3.2, 6 gigs of ram, 2 x 500 gig hard drives,Snow Leopard 10.61, Digital Performer 7, Metric Halo 2882 firewire audio interface, MTP AV USB.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: resource error -192

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Move the audio files out of the default folder (or move the entire folder out of the DP project folder if you wish). Try to open the project file. DP should report the missing files and ask if you want to find them. Navigate to the folder and see if that helps DP regain it's memory.

If not then you probably have to rebuild the headers on the audio files. There are a number of ways to do this and you should be able to find solutions by searching "headers" on this board. Hopefully, you won't have to go that far and DP will recognize the files. If it does, then you can probably move them back and reopen the project with the files in their correct location.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS