Reduce number of visible Kontakt outputs in "Bundles" window

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Mike Worth
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Reduce number of visible Kontakt outputs in "Bundles" window

Post by Mike Worth »

Hi, guys!

So, I'm building an epic V-Rack set for my new orchestral ensemble. I've loaded about 8 Kontakt 4.05 instances into Digital Performer; I'm now going into Bundles window, licking "Instruments", and creating new Instrument bundles for each of my stems (SAM Brass Hi, SAM Brass Lo, LASS Hi, etc.).

Here's the thing. Each instance of Kontakt shows all 32 outputs (or is it 64) in the bundles window; even though I'm only using 4-6 outputs for each instrument. So, I'm scrolling through pages of Kontakt output routes, even though I'm not going to use any of them.

My question is, is there a way to hide or remove Kontakt outputs, so that I'm only showing 16, 8, or 4 of them, per instrument? It would make my template a lot easier to manage. Thanks, guys!

Mike
Michael Worth
Audio Dude
http://www.mikeworthmusic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris T
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Reduce number of visible Kontakt outputs in "Bundles" wi

Post by Chris T »

Hi MIke

Did you figure this out in the end? I'm trying to do the same thing: Even though I have only 8 default outputs set in Kontakt 5, my DP8 Audio bundles window keeps showing 64 Kontakt outputs!...

Is there not a setting in DP / Kontakt to only 'advertise' 8 stereo outs from Kontakt?..

thanks!
Main SYS: 12-Core New Mac Pro (Dec 2013), 64GB RAM, OS10.10, Apollo Quad Interface, 3xSSD work/sound drives in TB Enclosure, UAD Plugs, DP, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2nd SYS: Intel 8-Core Mac Pro (2007), 28GB RAM, OS10.7, MOTU PCI 424, 2408 interfaces (4), DP8.07, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2 Mac Minis (2011): Dual Quad, 16GB RAM running VE Pro, various libraries in Kontakt, G-Player, UVI.
Chris T

Post by Chris T »

Anybody have tips on this issue? I'd like to set Kontakt so that it only advertises 8 Outputs in DP's Audio Bundles window...

thanks!
Main SYS: 12-Core New Mac Pro (Dec 2013), 64GB RAM, OS10.10, Apollo Quad Interface, 3xSSD work/sound drives in TB Enclosure, UAD Plugs, DP, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2nd SYS: Intel 8-Core Mac Pro (2007), 28GB RAM, OS10.7, MOTU PCI 424, 2408 interfaces (4), DP8.07, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2 Mac Minis (2011): Dual Quad, 16GB RAM running VE Pro, various libraries in Kontakt, G-Player, UVI.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I don't think it's possible, but Native Instruments themselves may know of a way. Perhaps
a call to NI tech support is in order.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

If deleting the VI bundles (from the Bundles window) doesn't clear them from the I/O lists, then I think you're out of luck...

Another remedy, but it could be too severe, would be to limit DP's bussing for instruments. I think you can control that from VE Pro (at least that's where I remember doing it, only to increase the number of available VI I/Os).

There was some combination between VE Pro and a DP setting in the Settings menu, IIRC.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Yup.
I just tried deleting the bundles from the Bundles window, and it clears all deleted stuff from the lists.

You can even export/import sets and subsets of bundles, so you don't have to recreate them again. You simply import them back.

Is that what you wanted?
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Oh, and another thing>

I'll mention this because I "discovered it" not long ago...

You don't have to scroll through endless lists. If you let DP do the scrolling, it is obnoxiously slow. But if you have a mouse with a wheel, you can just click to open the list and scroll from top to bottom in one finger move, almost instantaneously, no matter how long the lists are.
Just in case you didn't know about it. Made all the difference in the world for me.

Chris T

Post by Chris T »

Thanks Miguelez. Actually what I need to do is re-arrange bundles, and add new ones (modifying my existing, large template).

When you tell Audio Bundles to "Add" new bundle(s), they're always created at the very bottom of the list. I then have to hold grab each individual new Bundle, and manually move it up the list, 1-by-1. As you can imagine this takes ages, and seems very inefficient...