Problems with DP 7.11 Error codes keep coming up

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
gjensse
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Problems with DP 7.11 Error codes keep coming up

Post by gjensse »

I have two user accounts on my MacBook Pro. I get this "Fatal Error" message when I open DP in user account #1, not in #2... :?:
Mac Mini 2020, OSX 13.6, DP 11, UVI Falcon, MOTU 16A, MOTU 8A, MOTU UltraLite AVB.
tikibars
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by tikibars »

Hi all,

I didn't see this spelled out elsewhere, so I'll post it here, and also on the two other threads that deal with this same issue.

MOTU has confirmed for me that Ethno 1 no longer works on Mac OS10.6 and above.

Anyone getting that Fatal Error issue on OSX10.6 or above may as well trash their copy of Ethno, it is now obsolete.
cheers -

James T.
http://www.tydirium.net
vladat
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by vladat »

Hi guys,

I see no one posted here for a while, but why not post a little something about DP8 on Win7 with the same error message.

I got it after adding the VST plugins 32 and 64 folders to the additional VST plugins folder to be scanned (preferences/audio plugins/the list on the bottom).

After I removed the 2 folders from the list the problem is gone.

I'd say try removing all additional folders if you're not sure and then add them one by one, then restart DP each time to see what happens.