QUICKSCRIBE IS CORRUPTED AFTER INSTALLATION TO 10.6

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
AllanKane
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

QUICKSCRIBE IS CORRUPTED AFTER INSTALLATION TO 10.6

Post by AllanKane »

Since upgrading to 10.6, my quickscribe has been corrupted with very strange Greek letters
and fonts. I upgraded from the Motu site. Can anyone suggest a fix here?
Shooshie

Re: QUICKSCRIBE IS CORRUPTED AFTER INSTALLATION TO 10.6

Post by Shooshie »

There are a couple of possible solutions.

1st: be sure you've updated OSX to the latest version, 10.6.2. It fixes some of the font problems.

2nd: (after #1) Reboot your Mac in Safe-Boot mode. (Hold down shift key and restart, holding the key until you see the Apple screen) It will rebuild the font cache. Once rebuilt, (don't try opening applications yet) reboot normally. Then you can try DP and see if the problem has gone away.

If not, then check MOTU's site and download their Font Fixer. Be sure there is only one copy of DP in your applications folder before you use it, or it might miss it. Run the installer.

One of these will Probably fix the problem.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

3rd: Please tone down those thread-title caps!
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

What version of DP are we talking about?

Come to think of it, let's make sure we're not confusing version numbers, which can be easily done.

OSX 10.6.2
DP 6.02
DP 6.02 Font Update for OSX 10.6.2

That's a lot of six-two.

EDIT-- I just updated my MBP to 10.6.2 from 10.5.8 about an hour ago. I am now updating my MBP to DP 6.02 as well as the separate font update.

I had DP 6.01 running. That said, fonts went wack, so I will report back with the results in about half an hour or less.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Okay.
Ran 10.6.2 COMBO UPDATE.

Ran DP 6.02 update from 6.01.

Ran DP6.02 Font Update.

Repaired permissions in 10.5.8 before starting the updates and again after the 10.6.2 update.

This warning came up in Repair Permissions in 10.6.2 post updates:
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Well, screw that and everything that looks remotely like it.

All I know is that DP 6.02's QS fonts remain wack.

OSX: "...has been modified and will not be repaired"

Hobbit: "Why the heck not? Is NOT repairing a good thing in this case? And where are my QS fonts?"

More soon.
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Repair permissions OFF the disk.....

That ring stopped working eh :D .
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

kassonica wrote:Repair permissions OFF the disk.....

That ring stopped working eh :D .

Quite the contrary to the same effect, the RIng is still fully functional. This stuff is honestly unacceptable.

Repaired OFF disk to the same result. More soon.
Last edited by Frodo on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

I had this same problem- I posted on an earlier thread- you want to install the DP6 quickscribe font updater file from MOTU, but THEN, more important, download a little app called Font Finagler and run it- it fixes older fonts that have problems with SL- this did the trick for me.
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
frankymax

Post by frankymax »

Frodo wrote:
Hobbit: "Why the heck not? Is NOT repairing a good thing in this case? And where are my QS fonts?"
I believe the quickscribe fonts DO NOT reside in the fonts folder anymore (that's what a MOTU tech told me). They actually reside within the DP program- y'know how you "show package contents" whilst holding the control key?- well that's where the font resides.
DP9/Windows7-64bit-32GBRAM Intel i7-3e930K CPU@3.2GHz/Lynx Aurora 8/VSL Ext.Lib//Komplete8/Spectrasonics/KorgLegDig/Valhalla/WavesMus2/iZotope/PSP/CytomicGlue/NomadPP/Plug&Mix/DynSpecM/KurzPC88/LexiNatBundle/RelabLX480/Kush/FabFilter/Finale/Sibelius/PacificaMicPre/Lawson/Neumann/Peluso/AKG/SeNeve/Lucas Mics/Genelec1032A
http://frankmacchia.net/
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Frodo,

I sent you a set of screenshots in email showing where my QS fonts go, and giving the info and paths for them. If you would take a look and let me know if it works for you, I'll post the stuff here in the forum. I think something should come of it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I'm actually shocked. Something really sucks here. Got the screen shots, but not all of them are reflected on my system. I have QSX but nothing else.

I dragged DP 6.0 and DP 6.01 into the trash and it has taken 30 minutes to EMPTY THE TRASH!! What's up with that? And the trash is not even empty yet with some 500 files to go. It's emptying at a rate of one file per second, and my laptop is a Core 2 Duo 2.2G.

This is entirely unacceptable.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

No Snowy Leopardy.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Shooshie wrote:Frodo,

I sent you a set of screenshots in email showing where my QS fonts go, and giving the info and paths for them. If you would take a look and let me know if it works for you, I'll post the stuff here in the forum. I think something should come of it.

Shooshie

Shoosh:

Something is seriously wrong here. I can turn them to rights with a bit of manipulation, but I would have to post each step of that process for clarity.

Suffice it to say that we're not talking about "right out of the box" with this one.

I'm really appalled!! :?
AllanKane

Post by AllanKane »

frankymax wrote:I had this same problem- I posted on an earlier thread- you want to install the DP6 quickscribe font updater file from MOTU, but THEN, more important, download a little app called Font Finagler and run it- it fixes older fonts that have problems with SL- this did the trick for me.
Hi Frank,
NO luck. Font Finagler din't work. Did you have the same problem when you installed Dp7?
I need the quickscribe and probably will reinstall 4.11 as it worked. Also, was getting crashes and Audio shutdowns during a mix that would work upon restart. Is DP 7 stable?

Allan
AllanKane

Post by AllanKane »

I fixed the problem by removing DP6.01 and moving it to my other Hard Drive. I left DP6.02
on my application drive and then ran the Motu Font Installer and it now works! Wow...can't believe I fixed it.

I really am very happy as wanted to take advantage of the Snow Leopard
System. Many thanks to Sooshie's solution. At the same time, very dissapointed with Motu for allowing this all to happen.

Happy Music to All,
Allan