James' DP7-compatible Mixing Board mod 1.13

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

James' DP7-compatible Mixing Board mod 1.13

Post by James Steele »

Hey all... just got around to updating my mixing board mod to be compatible with DP7. This version is NOT compatible with DP6 so do not install it there. To get the DP6 compatible version see this thread:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=31306

Below is a link to the DP7 version of the mod as well as a screen capture of what it looks like. Enjoy.

http://www.jamessteele.com/Steele_DP7_mod_1.13.zip

Also, acknowledgment to Amplidood as I borrowed his icon instead of the note icon I used to indicate a MIDI track on the Mixing Board. Unfortunately in my screenshot above, you can't see it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
beautypill

Re: James' DP7-compatible Mixing Board mod 1.13

Post by beautypill »

Looks cool, James. I will check it out. Thanks for your work.

Is easy "skinability" in the works for DP? Anyone have any insight?

- c
zed

Post by zed »

I'm so glad to see that MOTU has gone back to the separate pulldown windows for inputs and outputs on the mixer channels. I never liked the way they combined them in DP6.

I like the blue colour for your insert effect containers. Is that your addition, or MOTU's?
MacPro 2.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon | 14 GB RAM | OS 10.11.6 | DP 8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

zed wrote:I'm so glad to see that MOTU has gone back to the separate pulldown windows for inputs and outputs on the mixer channels. I never liked the way they combined them in DP6.

I like the blue colour for your insert effect containers. Is that your addition, or MOTU's?
It's mine. It's a little darker. Problem is thought that it's the same color as the MacOS blue option for highlighting selections, so I use yellow as my selection color or I can't see the selected status of an effects insert.

I haven't attempted to mod other parts of the interface. The mixing board however has been a pet peeve of mine since 6.02 as being unnecessarily cluttered feeling... especially the 3D fader channels.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

Looks like live (putting on flame retardant suit and running)
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
midiw

Post by midiw »

:D :D Thank you Sir. :D :D

(opps got to update me profile for DP7 )
Mac OS: Mojave
beautypill

Post by beautypill »

kassonica wrote:Looks like Live (putting on flame retardant suit and running)
:lol:

Had that thought too. But I'm certainly not complaining.

Dear MOTU: easy skinability would be fantastic

- c