Can I get a DP7 W/automap & MX4 tech-checklist done by someo

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mike_o
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Can I get a DP7 W/automap & MX4 tech-checklist done by someo

Post by mike_o »

I have a few specific questions regarding DP7 that are not addressed in other threads, here they are.

1. can you remove the MAS version of MX4 and just run the AU version?

previously this was/is not possible on 6.02, I'm using the automap server with all other VI's and its awesome, with MX4 I still have to reach for the mouse because you CANNOT run the AU version in DP at all, I have tried everything, even uninstalling and reinstalling the MX4 with AU only, it still marked the AU version as a duplicate and refuses to load it as it expects the MAS version even if its not there. disabling the mas MX4 in plug in prefs just does the same thing

I use MX4 a lot and the NRPN #'s system used for control can be a bit buggy(sort of) for me on the remote SL, the best example issue is the oscillator pitch control, MX4 has a 145 semitone range (-60 to 0 to +84) when using 127 MIDI CC/NRPN#'s you get stepping and clicking in your pitch movements, with the filters you get a similar effect.

when using nrpn#s to select wavetables it will skip every other one, wave 1,3,5,7 etc... this is very frustrating

with automap every control is smooth as silk in its resolution and I really need that to "play" the pitch control on MX4 for recording automation rather than drawing it all in as I have to now.

also you can create forward and backward buttons for the 90+ wavetables to select from and they will stay in sync with one another.

there is so much live playability that automap offers that cannot be applied to MX4.

I have made DP6 recognize and run Mach 5 version 2 AU while the MAS was removed, but I cannot seem to achieve that with MX4 no matter what I do. I can rescan MX4 as many times as I want and it will always be skipped as a duplicate no matter what, even when I have seemingly removed all MX4 data I can find, MAS, AU, Patch settings, install log etc... it will still list MX4 AU as a duplicate on a "fresh" install. *I did create a techlink and was unfortunately told that this was the expected behavior.

has this changed?

2. can DP7 assign MIDI cc#'s to the masterworks eq/compressor/leveler/limiter for hardware control, if so can you save MIDI maps for standard use?(can this be done with consoles? if so I've never figured out how)

3. I cant remember what 3 was but I will add it later.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
wilcofan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Can I get a DP7 W/automap & MX4 tech-checklist done by s

Post by wilcofan »

So are you saying the limitation is automap won't work with the MAS version, only the AU?

I can confirm there's no apparent way up to DP8 to run the AU version...

I'm just about to setup NRPN control of the MX4 when I found this. Very old thread I see but doesn't appear there are many of us interested.
Digital Performer 8.07
Mac Pro 3.1
Windows 7 (bootcamp)